Multiples
Options

Celebrities and Multiples

So I have to be curious... There have been a LOT of multiples being born to celebrities lately.

Do any of you think that they may be using fertility assistance so they can get pregnant on schedule in between gigs rather than waiting patiently like everyone else does? Or maybe because they tend to wait until they get older they either need the help or they have the increased risks?

I'm just wondering if you all follow this more than I do and have any "inside" info!

~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Celebrities and Multiples

• Options
    Likely they are older and undergo infertility treatment.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    being older increases your chances alone... but more than likely most have done IF treatment. I really wish more would talk about it ... I have so much respect for those that have.... and while I don't feel any MoM should have to discuss her IF just b/c she has twins - I feel like celebs have such a great opportunity to bring it out in the open and help others - and to take away the stigma of IF... so when they don't it annoys me.
    I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageUsedToBeGoldie:
    being older increases your chances alone... but more than likely most have done IF treatment. I really wish more would talk about it ... I have so much respect for those that have.... and while I don't feel any MoM should have to discuss her IF just b/c she has twins - I feel like celebs have such a great opportunity to bring it out in the open and help others - and to take away the stigma of IF... so when they don't it annoys me.

That's what I love about Celine Dion. She is so open about her struggle and her journey through IF.

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageleviandlandensmom:

imageUsedToBeGoldie:

That's what I love about Celine Dion. She is so open about her struggle and her journey through IF.

exactly.

i used to HATE her - couldn't stand her... but the she opened up about it- and i liked that... and she has grown on me and now i love her - she's a kook and knows it - and i love that she was so open about her IVF struggles.

i just heard Kara Dioguardi on Howard Stern this week and she talked about doing IVF  - and earned a ton more respect from me (that and finding out how much she has done in the industry and how American Idol basically screwed her by never explaining how huge she was).... it was a shame she was on Stern b/c he's not the type to really talk much about that - but she still brought it up and i was so happy to hear it.  Sad she hasn't had any success though.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had a random grocery store clerk tell me how amazing it was that I had B/G twins because it was statistically almost impossible, and that usually only rich celebrities can do it, with their "designer" babies. If only I didn't have to go back to that store, because I really wanted to tell her she was full of sh**!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"