Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Can I wear an underwire bra now?

I'm BF'ing and going back to work Monday.  I have lived the past 3 months in nursing bras sans underwire.  I'd like to feel remotely normal and less self conscious about my enormous boobs at work.  Is it ok to wear underwire bras?  I realize this will make pumping at work a little more of a PITA, but I'm ok with it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I wear an underwire bra now?

• Options
    Why wouldn't you be able to? I have nursing bras with under wire.
  • Options

imageLovingBaz:
    Why wouldn't you be able to? I have nursing bras with under wire.

This - I do notice though that I am more prone to get a clogged duct if I'm wearing underwire and not pumping (or feeding) early enough.  As long as you will be pumping on a regular schedule, I don't see why you couldn't wear underwire. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just bought some nursing bras with underwire at Target- love them. Highly recommend.

The issue with underwire is in the first few weeks, when wire + engorgement can lead to clogged ducts. You should be fine now, since engorgement issues/supply are usually regulated by now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks.  I knew at the beginning it isn't a good idea... I just didn't know when it was okay again.
  • Options
    I've been wearing underwire since the day I gave birth & never had a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"