December 2011 Moms

Just found out... Scared...

My husband and I just found out we're pregnant. We experienced a miscarriage in November of last year and I am absolutely TERRIFIED to go to the doctor in June. It's hard to be excited about such a joyful thing when focusing on the last u/s we had. Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Just found out... Scared...

• I think this is so normal for you to be scared! This is my first pregnancy and I'm freaking out. I'm trying not to because I think that stressing out is the worst thing you can do. Good luck to you and my thoughts are with you for a healthy 9 months and beyond! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmn3kmn3 member

I know how you feel, completely.  We had a miscarriage in January.  Everyday gets a little more believable.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know its hard. I had a m/c in june. You just have to stay positive.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's normal to be nervous, especially after a loss. I had a m/c in January, saw the strong heartbeat on a Monday, had a total m/c on Friday. It's very hard not to analyze everything this time around and to get as excited as I did with DD. Having a loss does take the innocence out of it all. Take care of yourself and enjoy every day that you are pregnant.
  • I understand too. I had a miscarrage late December and we had seen a strong hb just before. I find myself getting excited then reining it in just in case. I am trying to just be postitve, though it can be hard. I just know though I'll feel better after we see and hear this little one's hb.
    Our wonderful baby boy, Kellen, was born on 12/27/07imageIAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Wow. Miscarriage is such a terrible experience. I can totally see why you would be so worried. Until proven otherwise, you are pregnant now! Congratulations!! Do what you can to appreciate every moment of it. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • I'm pregnant with my first...I am excited but quietly. I haven't been to the doctors yet so I've been nervous esp with spotting the past few days.Hopefully after a doctors visit I'll be more excited :) And congrats!!!! :)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJNicMTek:
    It's normal to be nervous, especially after a loss. I had a m/c in January, saw the strong heartbeat on a Monday, had a total m/c on Friday. It's very hard not to analyze everything this time around and to get as excited as I did with DD. Having a loss does take the innocence out of it all. Take care of yourself and enjoy every day that you are pregnant.

This times 3...it's so hard to be excited and to enjoy being pregnant but I just keep telling myself I am pregnant today. I pray each day that this little one will make it to December...

All you can do is take care of yourself and take it one day at a time.  

• I can empathize completely.  I had a m/c this past September and I have been sick to my stomach over the anxiousness for my upcoming u/s with this pregnancy which is on Tuesday.  I am absolutely terrified. 

I don't really have much in the way of suggestions.  Just try and hang in there and believe that everything is going to be OK.  Maybe you can ask your dr for an early u/s when you are 6-7 weeks to see the baby.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • RizziBRizziB member

imageJNicMTek:
    It's normal to be nervous, especially after a loss.... Having a loss does take the innocence out of it all. Take care of yourself and enjoy every day that you are pregnant.

This exactly.  It's hard to get excited this early on when you've suffered miscarriage, but I'm trying to stay hopeful and just take it one step at a time.  I second the PP suggestion of trying to get an early u/s after 6 weeks, rather than waiting 8-10 weeks for a first appointment. 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • lotus88lotus88 member
    You're definitely not alone. I had a m/c in November, then a chemical pregnancy in March. I think being in this situation makes our experience different. On these boards I tend to feel like I'm a debbie downer. I spend most of my time on the Pregnant After Loss board.

I hope these are our take home babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"