Trying to Get Pregnant

Signs of Progress?

I am currently on CD 109- first cycle post BCP. I have been following all of my dr.'s recommendations for getting my cycle back on track- but I have noticed the following and wondered if I could have some bumpie input? Pretty please?

I just started temping- but have been at 97.18 for the past three days. Is it normal to have the exact same reading three days in a row?

I am having crazy BT and swelling. They have never hurt this bad before. Ever. Have I mentioned they are painful?

Did have some very very very light spotting a couple of days this past week.

I am on day 3 of my first OPK, and so far negative. HPT (last test on Thursday) says negative.

Should I be encouraged? Can I get my hopes up that these are at least signs that my body is starting back up again?

ETA: Sorry if these are painfully newbie questions.

Re: Signs of Progress?

•  I have had my temp stay the same for a few days in a row, but if it still the same tomorrow, you might want to make note in your chart of that. I had HORRIBLE breast tenderness the first few months off of bc. Has your dr recommended you taking Provera? That is a really long time to go without AF. GL and I hope things get worked out soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Three temps in a row=normal, but test your BBT by taking your temp now, just to make sure you get a different temp.

The first cycle off BCP is rough (speaking from experience here...it sucks @ss). Don't give up hope yet. It's good you're talking to your Dr, though I'm sorta surprised he didn't give you provera to jump start AF. I'm gonna assume that's due to coming off the pill.

When I went off the pill after being on it for 2 years (and never having AF while taking BC), I spotted almost everyday for 3 months before I actually had a 'real' AF. About 2 months later I was back to normal. Before our wedding I went on BC again (June-Jan) and had a normal AF right away and then nothing for 2 months. I finally got what I'm hoping will be AF today. I keep thinking she's here but it turns into spotting.

Keep temping and don't give up!

• Loading the player...
  • 109 days?  I'd be asking for some Provera first thing Monday morning. 

• Sorry- I knew I was leaving something out of my post!

I did take Provera, and.... nada. I did a 10 day dose (started on March 16), and still nothing since then. I was last in the dr.'s office on April 19th. She suggested cutting back on my running (I had been training for a half marathon, and have since dropped out). All of these symptoms have started since April 22nd- a few days with very little running.

• Thanks for the encouragement!

The waiting is the hardest part, and never something I have been good at. Smile

• imageMrs.G Esquire:

Sorry- I knew I was leaving something out of my post!

I did take Provera, and.... nada. I did a 10 day dose (started on March 16), and still nothing since then. I was last in the dr.'s office on April 19th. She suggested cutting back on my running (I had been training for a half marathon, and have since dropped out).

Did she say anything about the Provera not doing anything to bring on a period?

• imageKdgTeacher:

109 days?  I'd be asking for some Provera first thing Monday morning. 

my thoughts exactly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • What BBT are you using?  My Target and Walgreens BBTs gave me that exact temp WAY too often, so I switched to the Walmart Mabis BBT and haven't had any problems.
  • Yikes, no advice - just wanted to say I would definitely be putting some pressure on my doctor to find a solution at this point.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have come to realize that it takes some of us awhile to regulate after BCP. I first went on BCP because I had a 75 day long period due to anemia and the doctors needed me to stop bleeding. 11 years later and my husband and I are TTC. I went off the pill 10/10 and my cycle has been about 45-50 days since. Very irregular and frustrating. I completely understand how you feel. This past month my period felt more normal and was only 40 days. After 6 months I feel that I am finally becoming more regular. I hope that you experience the same thing. GL to you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP Chart: image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"