High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD and weight loss

I'm just wondering...my numbers have been great but I can't seem to gain weight. I weighed myself this morning and I'm only 5lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm a bigger girl to begin with but the fact that I lost the other 7lbs in the past few weeks on this diet makes me worry. I'll bring it up to the MWs at my appointment Monday and see if they're concerned, but I'm eating well and filling myself up pretty good most days. I just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem. TIA.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: GD and weight loss

• Options

I lost a couple of pounds when I started my GD diet and for the last month or so I haven't gained anything. My doctor said since I have gained 26 pounds in total and the baby is growing well not to worry to much but I could up the amount of 'free food' I am allowed to eat. I think its fairly common for weight to drop or plateau when going on the GD diet.

Good Luck :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Okay thank you. I just think it seems weird to gain less in pregnancy than the baby will actually weigh. Just doesn't seem right to me. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's pretty normal to lose weight on the GD diet, or at least remain around the same weight. For a lot of people, it's because you're eating healthier and consuming less carbs than pre-pregnancy, which would cause weight loss in anyone. As long as your baby is gaining well and you aren't losing dangerous amounts it's probably nothing to worry about.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

When I was pregnant with DD I lost weight at first on the GD diet. Overall I only gained 12 pounds and within a week after she was born had lost 30lbs. My OB said that was very typical with GD patients. She actually told me when I was diagnosed I would probably lose 30 or so pounds after. Of course at the time, I didn't believe her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm talking with my doctor about this on Mon as well. As of my April 11th appointment I had only gained 12 pounds, then lost 2 my first week on my GD diet and then another 1 pound last week. My RD said if the weight loss continues I am getting bumped up to a 2000 cal. diet to see if that helps.
  • Options
    I have been on the diet since week 12. I am down 30 lbs for the pregnancy so far. No sign of gaining anything yet. I would only be concerned if baby wasn't growing well.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"