Austin Babies

I'm going to go against doctors advice here...

Fvck the prednisone. I took it for 3 days and I have 2 days left.

Not. Gonna. Dew. It.

I've gained 8 pounds in the last 3 days and no, it's not the Easter candy. A couple extra bags of fun size Skittles doesn't make you gain that kind of weight. prednisone does. I look 5 months pregnant. It's making me feel depressed and like a crazy lady.

Plus, as I tend to sort of check out nurse mode and into patient mode, I completely freaking forgot that you're not supposed to take prednisone if you have a fungal infection which apparently my doctor thinks I have as I'm on an antifungal nose spray. GAH. Although he also prescribed me a known contradictory antibiotic to prednisone as well which I did catch and he said it was fine and ended up being a non issue as I was allergic to said antibiotic and only took one dose anyway. The term "tendon blowout" is not a side effect to be taken lightly.

Anyway, just wanted to get that out there. Taytee doesn't always follow doctors advice either. Embarrassed

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I'm going to go against doctors advice here...

• Good for you. My DH was prescribed this recently. I read about it and decided 1. The Dr should not have prescribed it and 2. I would not take it if prescribed. He of course took it anyway since he follows "all dr's orders" (yet will only go to a dr if he feels like he is dying).

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Prednisone is the devil.  I had all the side effects on the list except for 2.  It was horrible. I'd do the same thing. Not sure how long you've been on it...my only warning is I had to take it for several weeks and most of the time I was on it was to wean off b/c it's so addictive and stopping cold turkey would cause severe issues according to the doc. Hopefully you've not been on it long enough to have that issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"