September 2011 Moms
Options

Baby SHower for 3rd baby?

Anyone know the etiquette for baby showers for a 3rd pregnancy? Help!

Re: Baby SHower for 3rd baby?

• Options

How much older are the first 2 kids? And the sex?

Generally, I'd say no, but there are circumstances where I think its OK. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are having a "Sprinkle" for my sister in law.  A low key, much smaller shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are on baby number 4 between us and I am finally having a girl and my BFF has not only offered to throw us a babyshower but insisted on it. I have never registered before and I've bought all big ticket items myself in the past. This time around we will still use the same crib but I am adding a multi-use diaper changing table, a new travel system (our car seat has gone through 2 boys and is pretty worn) and of course some girly items. I do not expect anyone to buy any of the big ticket items this time around either but I did put them on our registry through BRU. I also put the nursery items and decor. It will be easier for me to order off a registry later down the line then searching for everything individually. With that being said, I only had a baby shower with DS#1 and with the other boys we still received items and little hygiene products and stuff but it was from coworkers when I went on leave and from friends/family when baby came. I'm getting excited about it actually because all the girly stuff is going to be so much fun!! Embarrassed
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

In my culture we have a shower for every child.  After the first child, the showers aren't as big on presents, but it's more of a celebration of a new life coming.  On the invites you can put that gifts are optional if it's the same sex.  People don't go to showers w/o presents, so you'll get some little things anyway.  You get a lot of it if you have two of one gender already, and all of a sudden you have a different gender coming.

Every child deserves to have baby shower pictures in their baby book to look back on. They should each feel special. 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    I think every baby deserves a shower but probably scale down the registry items since a lot of people think that you should save baby items in between children.
    <a href=
  • Options

My friend and I are having a shower for #4 but our youngest are 8 and 10 years so we have nothing baby and this is my DH first baby so everyone wants to celebrate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"