Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Hemorrhoid cream.... Possibly TMI

I don't think this is really TMI, but maybe, so fair warning!!

I have had issues with them since i was pg with ds. This time around they are striking earlier. Anyway, i can't seem to apply creams without ending up with it going through to my pants! Thus i end up with a stain, which I've found that dawn will get out, but how do i keep it from getting past my undies to my pants for the world to see?

I'd assume the simple answer would be to apply less, but I swear I'm not over applying! I mean I do enough on to know it's there, but i didn't think that was too much.. Like maybe an inch if that worth of cream?

What am I doing wrong? Or is it just normal for this stuff to soak through 2 layers of clothing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hemorrhoid cream.... Possibly TMI

• Options

Could you wear a panty liner?

Also, a trick my MW taught me was to use potato - just a plain old potato grated, and apply it.  It helps to reduce the swelling.  If you don't like potato directly on your skin, you can also roll some up in a gauze pad and apply it "wedgie style" (not suppository), but I've found that doesn't work as well. 

• Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member
    The creams didn't really help me, so I had to go with Rx suppositories (Anucort).   However, before I started using them, I had the same problem, so I was putting a thin maxi pad farther back to buffer for me.  It worked well even if the cream didn't.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Potato.... Hmm that's interesting! I will have to try that! Well glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue, looks like a panty liner or something will have to do. I Don't know why I never thought of that! Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"