Breastfeeding

sleepy times

I expected my baby to be sleepy during/after a feeding, but I didn't expect to get sleepy myself. Every time I can barely keep my eyes open. Is this something I can expect to experience long term? Or is it just cuz I'm only on day 3?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: sleepy times

• This is only temporary, although BF will probably make you feel drowsy the whole time that you are nursing.  Those first couple of weeks are the worst though.  Your body is still trying to recover from giving birth so you are tired anyway. 

Don't worry though. After a couple of weeks you won't be falling asleep every time you BF.  Congrats on your new arrival.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I was sleepy 24 hours on day three, so I can't say if BFing made me more sleepy or not!  Even now, though, it is SO relaxing for me.  If DS falls asleep while feeding, I sometimes just sit with him and close my eyes.  It's the only relaxation time I get because I just cannot force myself to sit still during his naps - I have so much to do.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Breastfeeding releases a hormone that makes you and baby sleepy.  For some women they feel sleepy everytime they nurse, for other's it goes away in a few weeks/months.  It's natures way of telling you to slow down a rest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It used to happen every time with me, too. Somewhere along the line, I only started to feel drowsy during night time nursing. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"