3rd Trimester

Where to install carseat??

I guess I am confused... I thought the best place to put a carseat was in the middle of the backseat - but I see so many posts especially below regarding kinds of vehicles that people are installing them behind the driver or passenger - 

Thanx ladies! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to install carseat??

• It all depends on the type of vehicle that you drive. I would look in the oweners manual for yours or look it up online!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Not every car has a center seatbelt...that might be the reason some people use one of the sides.

I'm going to use the rear passenger side because when the seat is in the middle it forces me to move my seat up, and I don't feel comfortable/safe driving that way. 

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • if your back seat has a drop down arm rest in the middle seat you cannot install the carseat in that place.
    imageimage
  • The latch system isn't in the middle seat of my middle row, so behind the passenger seat is where this LO is going
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say side my DH says middle so I am no use...
  • I do feel safest with it in the middle of the backseat and this is where it is in DH's car.  However, when we tried it in my car, I nearly fell trying to balance myself halfway through the car.  Falling with the baby wasn't safe either, so I put in on the passenger side.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepammeelala:
    The latch system isn't in the middle seat of my middle row, so behind the passenger seat is where this LO is going

This is the same with us. And if we put it in the middle with the seat belt, the base hangs off the seat a few inches (because we have the drop down cup holders--but the manual said it was still OK to put it there--I just wasn't comfortable with it).

We put it behind the driver's seat because I've always heard that side is safer than the passenger's side (because a driver's reaction is to turn away from a collision, thus making the collision happen on the passenger's side--I have no idea how accurate this is).

• Ive always heard passengers side, not only becuz of safety but also if LO cannot see u he may scream the whole car ride.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageJrsMommy11:
    Ive always heard passengers side, not only becuz of safety but also if LO cannot see u he may scream the whole car ride.

He shouldn't be able to see you no matter what seat he is in, he will be rear facing until 2 yrs old.

imageimage
  • imagetheaustins05:

imageJrsMommy11:
    Ive always heard passengers side, not only becuz of safety but also if LO cannot see u he may scream the whole car ride.

He shouldn't be able to see you no matter what seat he is in, he will be rear facing until 2 yrs old.

that i realize dear but i should have specified to get a mirror for him. it only works from passenger sideSmile

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • It depends on the car. Our Rav 4 has 60/40 split seats so we have to install it on the side.

2 girls and a dog
  • most of the websites i read says the passengers side for two reasons. one you can see them better in case of an emergency/ crying. and two safety because you will be able to adjust you seat better since the car seat will not be at your back. hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"