Health & Exercise

30DS Friday Check-in!

I've made it to level 3 and am counting down the days now! I actually woke up early to work out today. I got new cross trainers this week and they have made a world of difference. I can do most of the jump moves now. I am still modifying the jump lunges. The pushups kill me in this level even though I'd gotten much better at them in level 1. I think it's the combination of things in that circuit that I'm just too tired. I've got Yoga Meltdown coming from blockbuster to do when I'm done.

Where's everyone else at? How'd this week go? What is your plan for when you finish?

imageimage

Re: 30DS Friday Check-in!

• Level 3 that's awesome! Keep pushing through! I'm curious to know what the Yoga Meltdown is all about, i've never tried yoga before.

This week went well and Thursday marked L1 D7 and I am LOVING it. My legs took quite the beating the first few days but i've pushed past it and actually even made it for a jog! Friday I sinned though Sad I missed a day which I vowed not to but am getting right back on track today.

Happy Easter everyone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate to say it, but I am distracted and losing interest in the shred.  I did it for 20-some days straight, took one day off and ran instead.  I think I have done 25 or 26 days total.  I think I am going to try to alernate running w/ the shred - but today I ran instead of the shred and I ran yesterday.  I like L3 the best of all of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am on L1 D5. I don't do it everyday- almost, but some days I walk/run on the treadmill & some days I do 30DS & treadmill. Don't want to give up running. So that is why I take breaks.

What did you consider mastering a level? I think I am doing great at L1 except that I am doing push ups on my knees still & am using only 3 lb weights (want to try 5 lb but will have to buy them). Wondering if mastering means I can push ups without being on my knees & get through with a higher weight. Thoughts? 

Congrats on L3!

• I by no means mastered level 1 but did it for 10 days and then moved on. It was getting easier for me and I wasn't really sore anymore. If you feel like it's getting easy, you might want to move on to level 2 and do that for a longer period of time. Level 3 is really hard for me and if I hadn't committed myself to complete 10 days at each level, I might just go back to 2 for the rest of my 30 days. I just don't feel great doing 3. I am definitely improving though. I also don't use weights for all of the weighted exercises even. After reading an article about how you should exercise for your body type, I've decided it's best for me to limit the resistance until I'm closer to my goal weight and looking to add more muscle.

Maybe watch the other levels and see what you think. I think level 2 was my favorite though I was getting tired of doing the same thing over and over.

imageimage
  • I am on L1D5.  I run 3-5 miles every other day as well and feel that Level 1 is quite easy.  After the first day, I started using heavier weights for the strength segments. Everyone on here seems to get great results from the 30DS, so I'm going to stick with it.  I am hoping it gets more challenging in Level 2 and 3 though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"