Cloth Diapering

Are these all the same diaper? (Kawaii, Sunbaby)

Are Kawaii, Sunbaby and those no-names on Ebay all the same diaper? I've been looking for cheaper diapers and they all look basically the same to me. All the prints are the same and whatnot.

I just got fluff mail of 10 no-names from Ebay. I know for sure Kawaii has at least four of the same prints my no-names have. 

Anyone have some of each? Are they the same? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer

Re: Are these all the same diaper? (Kawaii, Sunbaby)

• I have both the Kawaii and Sunbaby and no they aren't the same diaper.   The cut is slightly different although they are very, very similar.   One has more square tabs and the other rounded.  Also, I'm pretty sure Kawaii has more selections to choose from (overnight et cetera) while Sunbaby now just has 1 to choose from b/c I think they got rid of the 3.0.  

The other ebay diaper is coolababy or whatever and from the research I did it gets not so good reviews compared to Sunbaby and Kawaii which is why I never bought them.

I'm not sure about your no-name ones.

D & D 7/9/07 & 2/28/10 **** Angel Babies B&C 5/16/08 & 2/20/09
  • No, they are not the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Alva Baby and Go Green are the same.
  • Yes, I was just looking at the Sunbaby brand again and they have hip snaps. Mine don't. I haven't prepped mine yet so we'll see how well they hold everything. 

I'm starting to think the prints are just the same. Kawaii have different snaps too. I guess I should have looked beyond the prints!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • imageKimmy1836:
    Alva Baby and Go Green are the same.

I'm pretty sure they aren't.  GoGreen diapers are sold by a lady in Boulder (I live there) - it's a local small business and I don't think they have anything to do with Alva.  I could be wrong but I really don't think they are connected.

• imageBMK0709:

imageKimmy1836:
    Alva Baby and Go Green are the same.

I'm pretty sure they aren't.  GoGreen diapers are sold by a lady in Boulder (I live there) - it's a local small business and I don't think they have anything to do with Alva.  I could be wrong but I really don't think they are connected.

She doesn't make them. She buys them super cheap wholesale, and turns around and resells them with her label. I know several people who have diapers of both brands and have said they are the exact same diaper. Meh. I don't have diapers from either brand. Just repeating what I have heard from several people.

EDIT: Found this on her website " We generate our product designs in-house, and these designs are manufactured into products fairly and conscientiously by our wonderful manufacturer in China."

• Ahh, could be.  I "like" her on FB but haven't bought any diapers.  I just assumed they were at least her designs though because she has been working on a pull-up style for older kids and posting photos of prototypes and asking for suggestions so I assumed the diapers would be her design too. She does have a aplix converter that is supposed to work with most standard snap diapers that I kind of want to try b/c my DH prefers Aplix but there is no way I'm replacing my entire stash.
  • And, to the OP, I really have no complaints about Sunbaby diapers.  I've only been using Kawaii for a few weeks but the ones I have are gently used and in great condition and I haven't had any issues for the time period I've had them.  I think Kawaii diapers are slightly roomier/fluffier.
  • I love the Sunbaby hip snaps.

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Gogreen and Sunbaby and the other cheapo diapers on Ebay are all from the same manufacturer in China - I'm pretty sure. They aren't Kawaii though. I love my gogreen pockets, they've never leaked and they fit our twins and our toddler. I love my Kawaiis too, they're inexpensive and roomy. They make up the bulk of my stash.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesimplyatomic:
    I love the Sunbaby hip snaps.

Yep. They're cheap and I know people who don't like them, but for stash-fillers they're great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"