3rd Trimester

Cleaning Services

All this talk of nesting/cleaning/etc!  Too bad I'm not really in nesting mode.  Lots of you are opting for a cleaning service.  One company that comes to mind that I've seen around here is Merry Maids.  Of course, to get a quote, you have to enter all his contact information, which I don't want to bugged yet.  I have a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhouse.  Can anyone give me ideas how much it costs?  It's becoming quite tempting...

Edit: I looked up reviews for Merry Maids near me - not too impressive.  Any other major companies people like/had good experience with?  I'm in Los Angeles area.

Re: Cleaning Services

• I think it really depends on where you live. I live in Northern Virginia in a 4 bedroom single family and I pay $130 for a crew to come to my house once a month. They're usually here about 2 1/2 hours.
  • I own a small private cleaning business (in texas) we charge 60-70 biweekly depending on sq ft and condition of home, etc. U can usually find small businesses on cl. Just be careful. If there ad doesn't look jazzy, its probably a one man band or some scary pple! Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Try your local board. I've had good luck with word of mouth. I know what you mean by the Merry Maids. I did the same thing, looked them up, and just couldn't do it. A friend of mine (we are both personal trainers) has a client who has a business so I got a referral from her. I am thinking I will call her as I get closer to due date. She said it was about $80 and they will be there for about 3 or 4 hours. We are in Colorado. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • Thanks for the input!  I will definitely be careful about making sure the ads look official.  Wink  Posting on the local board is a great suggestion - I will do that!  From what you guys are saying so far, doesn't seem like it'd be too horribly expensive to get it done.
  • No! And most of them, especially small businesses, will work with you. If someone told me my quote was a bit much, I would just shed something off and fit their budget, they are so VERY detailed too. You wouldn't believe what little things we don't do on a regular basis that these ladies(people) do every time! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"