3rd Trimester

Re: "most hated baby names in America" article- LOL

• am I the only one who can't see the post?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't either
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAngel0423:
    am I the only one who can't see the post?

this has happened to me lately. I've found that when I post a link I have to put a few spaces afterwards and a period or something if there are no words after...that way it makes the link higher in the thread.

To see it you can pretend like you are going to quote it. I'll get it...

• what? Nevaeh is hated Stick out tongue Gasp
  • imageAprilLynn09:
    what? Nevaeh is hated Stick out tongue Gasp

LOL

it's lame, and it doesn't even look/sound pretty. 

• Gertrude??? Omg! Short list. I wanted more laughs!
  • The list is linked in the article.

Girls:

1. Nevaeh ("Heaven" spelled backward and one of the most divisive names around, according to Wattenberg.)
    2. Destiny (People dislike names that confer a virtue onto a child, Wattenberg said ? and many felt associated this name with exotic dancers.)
    3. Madison
    4. Mackenzie
    5. McKenna
    6. Addison (An example of a masculine named turned feminine, which many people dislike, Wattenberg said)
    7. Gertrude (People said this name is "ugly.")
    8. Kaitlyn (For its "made-up" spelling.)
    9. Makayla
    10. Bertha
    11. Hope

Boys:

1. Jayden
    2. Brayden
    3. Aiden
    4. Kaden (These rhyming names struck many as overdone, Wattenberg reported.)
    5. Hunter (Too much like a last name or "too violent.")
    6. Hayden
    7. Bentley (People dislike brand-name names, Wattenberg found, calling them "trashy")
    8. Tristan
    9. Michael (Too boring, according to some.)
    10. Jackson
    I try not to "hate" names, but there are times when I think "oh, please don't name your baby that!" I would never say it though. To each their own. I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't like my kids' names, which are very traditional.
  • I was definitely being sarcastic on the Neveah one. lol

DH's best friend and his wife were throwing around Bentley for their son. I am so glad they decided against it. It reminds me of a Dogs name for some reason.

• I'm surprised to see some of the girk names on the list, such as "Madison" and "McKenna". They are common, but I don't know that I would think that people actually hate them.

The boy names are pretty much dead on though. Almost everyone I know is tired of hearing Aiden, Kayden, Jayden, ect. 

• Not that it will change what I name him because he's being named after our grandpas, but I was kinda bummed to see Jackson on the list.  Oh well.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL!! We are on both lists!! Oh well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagethequeeenbee:

I'm surprised to see some of the girk names on the list, such as "Madison" and "McKenna". They are common, but I don't know that I would think that people actually hate them.

The boy names are pretty much dead on though. Almost everyone I know is tired of hearing Aiden, Kayden, Jayden, ect. 

I hate Madison. Hate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think it's weird that there are such normal names on there. I wondered about Madison too..
  • Well my girl's first name and my boy's middle name are both on the list.

And guess what, I couldn't care less.

I like the names, DH likes the names, and in 20 years that list will be completely different.

Oh well.

imageimage
  • Bentley is on the list however I am not naming him after the car so I wouldn't call it a brand name. Whaaaatever. Gertrude & Bertha are terrible names for this day and age...terrible.

JennaRosaliePhotography.com | Facebook.com/JennaRosaliePhotography
  • imageAprilLynn09:

I was definitely being sarcastic on the Neveah one. lol

DH's best friend and his wife were throwing around Bentley for their son. I am so glad they decided against it. It reminds me of a Dogs name for some reason.

We almost named our puppy Bentley, but we settled on Cash. Bentley reminded everyone of that teen mom show.

• Good thing I'm having a boy, I guess.  Our girl would have been named Katelyn Hope!!!  I chose that spelling because I wanted to call her Kate and I thought Cait looked funny.  And how can anyone dislike Hope?!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm having a Cayden and honestly couldn't care less what people think of it.  I did see an article in my hometown's newspaper about a girl named nevaeh though and had to really bite my tongue!
    Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • imagefragglefan:
    I'm having a Cayden and honestly couldn't care less what people think of it.  I did see an article in my hometown's newspaper about a girl named nevaeh though and had to really bite my tongue!

Here, here! I love my Madison, screw what some list says about it!

imageimage
  • I kind of agree with most of the names on the list...I don't like overused names, especially ones that sound trendy, but that is my style. I am also a teacher, and you just get sick of all the alternative spellings. For once, I'd like to have a class where everyone spells their name in a traditional way. Oh well, wishful thinking!
  • imageNovNYC2006:
    LOL!! We are on both lists!! Oh well!

I personally love Kaitlyn, I see no controversy over that name at all! And I also see nothing wrong with using a nice classic name like Michael. I say good choices : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"