Pregnant after a Loss

When did you tell?

When did you all tell the news of your pregnancy?  With Larsen, we told right away. And by telling, I mean telling the whole world, as in your work, facebook, etc.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: When did you tell?

• I told my sister at 8 weeks, the rest of my family at 13 weeks, and my work at 17 weeks. I still haven't put anything on facebook, and don't plan to.
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Family 19w

Have not and will not announce on FB or mass email etc. until baby is born.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Loading the player...
  • Mom - 9 weeks

Boss - 9 weeks

Family - started just after 12 weeks, all family knew just after 14 weeks (family as in parents and siblings on both sides)

Friends - started telling around 14 weeks and most friends knew by about 17 weeks

Work - 18 weeks

FB - never made a formal public announcement but it's come out in comments on other people's pages.  I use a code name for the baby on FB so I talk openly to an extent but most people have no clue.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • I told my parents after my second beta draw around 5 weeks-I can't hide things from my mommy!  I told my 2 BFFs around 6 weeks.  We told DH's mom and siblings around 8 weeks after my first u/s when we saw the heartbeat.  We told more friends a few weeks ago when we had them over for game night.  I haven't told work yet.  I will tell them some time before the end of the school year in June.  I also haven't made an annoucement on facebook yet.  I may in a few weeks since we had such a good appointment today. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I told my mom at 6wks, rest of my family after 8 wk u/s and friends and co-workers after my 12 wk u/s.  Everytime I told someone, I felt a little uncomfortable, but 12wks was good timing for me.
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At the end of 1st Tri. 

I don't have a job, so no telling at work.  I've not done a status update about the pregnancy yet on FB, but I'm not deleting congrats and such that people post on my wall.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• KMLPKMLP member
    Wow, I can't believe how many of you didn't tell your parents until later.  I told my mom the day I peed on the stick...with every pregnancy!  lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
    • --Senior partner (work boss) at 8 weeks to explain disappearing for appts.
    • --2 coworkers at 12.5 weeks at a work retreat to avoid the public comments about not drinking.
    • --My parents at 13 weeks
    • --3 of my close friends at 14 weeks
    • --DH told his best friend last night (16 weeks)

DH's family (out of state) are still in the dark, as are my extended family, less close friends and coworkers.  They will be told, if all continues to go well, in the following order:

• --DH's immediate family - hopefully this weekend, by phone, if we can get hold of them.
    • --My extended family - 20 weeks, through my mother the grapevine of all family gossip.  Ditto for DH's extended family if his immediate family want to spread it.
    • --Less close friends and coworkers - when the belly tells the story, they'll figure it out.

ETA:  It took away my handy bullet point formatting

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I told my mother the day of the BFP, right after telling H. I also told my BFF a few days later. I just told SIL today and H will be telling his mother probably this weekend.
  • I told my immediate family at 9-10w and told them that they could tell whomever they wished with two caveats - (1) if something goes wrong, they must untell everyone they told and everyone those people told, etc... and (2) nothing ever goes on FB.  We gradually began telling friends.  We told some close ones at 11w (we had to as it was weird that I wasn't participating in certain activities) and more at the end of the first tri.  We've basically only told people as we see them and have told a few by phone.  I still have a friend I haven't told yet, but plan to when I see her next week.  I didn't become comfortable (okay, so I'm still not, but I'm getting there) telling people until after 20 weeks.  I usually make DH tell people.  Oh, but I did tell my BFF really early as she was following my cycles anyway.  It's been nice to have her to confide in. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I only told one of my best friends (who I guessed was also pg) at around 5 weeks, but swore her to secrecy. I told my folks and sister after our first u/s at 7 weeks. We started telling close friends at around 12 weeks and DH's folks at 14 weeks. Then we told work at 16 weeks. There's actually some people who still don't know, but it's no secret (I just didn't want to make a big announcement).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Y'all are making me feel so much better.  I'm about 14.5 weeks and still too scared to say anything to most of my co-workers and not on facebook.  I'd love to wait until after my anatomy scan but I'm not sure I can POSSIBLY hide my bump for that much longer.  If my anatomy scan is on the early side (18 or 19?), I could possibly wait that long..  My first m/c was at 15.5 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We always wait to tell. We waited for the first pregnancy until 8 wks and had to take it back afterward, from that moment on we told between 12-14 wks. This one we are going to try to wait until 18 wks.
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • I still haven't told the whole world. We kept is a secret until last weekend (13w), and only told my sister and DH's family. Telling my family this weekend, and then we'll share with close friends. I am not really planning to "tell" anyone else...but I won't deny it once the belly starts showing. Smile We'll skip a big fb announcement.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
  • Told my two best friends around week 6- I get together with then once a week and there is usually booze involved. They knew we were trying and were my primary support during my last loss. Also told two coworkers around 6 weeks because they were covering for me when I needed to vomit. 

I told my mom and dad at 10 weeks because my mom came to stay for the weekend. 11 weeks for DH's parents. I just told my office yesterday (had my NT scan on Wednesday). I needed to give them a ton of lead time to try to find someone to cover for me on maternity leave. 

We will tell people as we see them but have not and will not be discussing this pregnancy on facebook at all. I have friends from TTCAL on my facebook and I'm not that insensitive. I'll post a picture when the baby is born. 

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • My immediate family knew early (parents, siblings), along with a few select friends who know of my history - 7w

My family was able to start talking about it and I told my coworkers/students at almost 14w.

I announced on FB at 18w.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageKMLP:
    Wow, I can't believe how many of you didn't tell your parents until later.  I told my mom the day I peed on the stick...with every pregnancy!  lol!

I know me too lol.  I am pretty close with my mom so it didn't matter, we also told DH's parents that night.  Told a couple of super close friends a few wks later and work around 9 wks, but not the entire office just my boss knows for appointment purposes etc.  Still waiting on annoucing it to the world I would like to wait until I'm like 30+ wks but we have weddings coming up etc so I know people will see me around 20 wks so I guess we will just deal with it then but not on FB until the baby is born. 

?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • DH slipped to mom at like 7 weeks grrrr. Otherwise 2 close friends at like 9 weeks and no one else. I keep asking DH if we can just show up with a baby once it's born...
  • We were planning on telling at 8 weeks (after a healthy u/s) last time I was pregnant, but I didn't make it there.

Our first u/s with this baby is at 7w6d and if all looks good we probably will tell. I'm in the camp of "the more people that know, the more support we'll get".

• We told immediate family right away because the nurse told me I was going to have my 3rd m/c (she was obviously wrong) and I needed their support. I swore them to secrecy and they all stuck to it, even my mom! Although, I let her off the "leash" around 14 weeks and I think she made the circuit in a day. LOL

Boss: ~10 weeks (after 1 u/s). I wanted her to know in case I needed extra time off.

Everyone else: ~14 weeks (after 2 u/s's).

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"