Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bikini waxes

Who gets these and how bad are they? I am not a big fan of waxing because it's uncomfortable and I usually shave instead but I'm doing a swimsuit review on my blog and really want to look good. I'm getting my legs waxed for sure and last time I was there the aesthetician suggested a bikini wax as well but I declined.

Is it very painful? Uncomfortable to get done?

Re: Bikini waxes

• imageAmbsies:
    It's uncomfortable but it's not horrible.

A lot more painful than a leg wax? How about embarrassing?

• I used to work at a spa and all the women who got them regularly said the pain eventually goes away. Plus you don't have to do it very often after you wax for a while. I decided to get it done when I was like 5 months pg w/ DS, thinking it would be easier that shaving. Well, I thought I was going to go into labor it hurt so bad. I couldn't bring myself to do it again. But if you can get through the first couple of times, you should be good.

ETA: I should add, when she did the basic bikini wax it wasn't too bad. It is when she started moving in that it became painful. I got a little more than a bikini, but not quite a brazilian.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshellybell15:

I used to work at a spa and all the women who got them regularly said the pain eventually goes away. Plus you don't have to do it very often after you wax for a while. I decided to get it done when I was like 5 months pg w/ DS, thinking it would be easier that shaving. Well, I thought I was going to go into labor it hurt so bad. I couldn't bring myself to do it again. But if you can get through the first couple of times, you should be good.

ETA: I should add, when she did the basic bikini wax it wasn't too bad. It is when she started moving in that it became painful. I got a little more than a bikini, but not quite a brazilian.

I wasn't planning on doing it regularly- just a one off thing. It's probably too expensive for me to do regularly. So I guess I should assume it will be pretty uncomfortable. I am not 100% on all the different kinds of bikini waxes but I was considering going completely bare. I figured WTH if I'm already there why not.

• JCMJCM member
    I used to have it done all the time before I had laser hair removal.  It does hurt a bit but it's so quick & if you have a good Aesthetician they will put pressure on the area immediately after they remove the strip of wax.  Once the strip is pulled off the pain is pretty much gone.  I suggest taking tylenol or motrin about 30 or so minutes before your appointment.  I also say go all out and have the entire thing waxed since you are there in all your glory.  It is a bit embarrassing  but like the pp said this is their job & they see it all day long. I say go for it!  If it's that bad for you you know not to go back! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It hurts when they do it, but it isn't a lasting pain. I thought it would be embarrassing but the girl that always does mine isn't super hot so I don't feel self conscious, lol. I've heard that sometimes you have to do awkward positions, but at Red Door I just turn one leg in and she gets into the awkward positions to get it all.  I tip her well:) Definitely worth the money!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im an esthetician and all I do is wax. It will be painful but the level of pain depends on the person and their hair type. You can take advil or tylanol before you get waxed. And please don't feel embarrassed. I can guarantee your waxer isn't looking at YOU, she's looking at your hair and concentrating on removing it. I see tons of vaginas a day and I can't even tell you how little attention I pay to it. And please, for the sake of your waxer, shower before you come- seems like common sense, right? Nope, lots of people don't and it's rough. GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedanlexi04:
    Im an esthetician and all I do is wax. It will be painful but the level of pain depends on the person and their hair type. You can take advil or tylanol before you get waxed. And please don't feel embarrassed. I can guarantee your waxer isn't looking at YOU, she's looking at your hair and concentrating on removing it. I see tons of vaginas a day and I can't even tell you how little attention I pay to it. And please, for the sake of your waxer, shower before you come- seems like common sense, right? Nope, lots of people don't and it's rough. GL!

K, that's gross. But I guess people can be!

Thanks for the comments. The salon I go to, the aestheticians barely speak English, so of course me being self conscious (I used to be very obese and was always uncomfortable at salons) I was always afraid they were speaking negatively about me.

Now that I'm a normal weight I'm hoping I can relax a little but I have a lot of loose skin that bugs me.

I guess I'll give it a try (if it's not too expensive!).

• imageAmbsies:
    It's uncomfortable but it's not horrible.

This.

I got one right before we got married, I thought it was going to be a lot more painful then it was. I wasnt embarrassed at all. I just told myself before I went in that I will never see this person again, and this is what they do everyday.. its no worse then going to the OB. I would do it again anyday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"