Pregnant after a Loss

Migraines taking away from being happy.....sigh.

With two trips to the ER now and headaches everyday this past only to wake up with the same beginning stage oof my typical migraine.  I am on call and was barely able to focus when I called in for an emergency. My DH has been so awesome all week. I can't be happy because I feel like poo, I don't feel like myself. I am living in sunglasses and staying in bed. Both my OB's have me on all sorts of meds and today I can't really take anything. I am now in physical therapy for my neck so I hope it helps. Has anyone had this happen to them? It is making this pregnancy sso hard to enjoy because of the pain.

Sorry for thr clumping of words and lack of spell check, but I am struggling to even see my phone. 

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
Married October 16th, 2010
TTC #1 since October 2010
1st BFP 1-12-11
MC'd 1-22-11
2nd BFP 2-15-11
Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
My BFP Chart
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**

Re: Migraines taking away from being happy.....sigh.

• Oh sweetie, I can unfortunately understand exactly where you're coming from. I had three days of a constant migraine this week where even looking at my computer screen at work made me want to throw up. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. The only things that I have found helpful is to drink a TON of water, eliminate caffeine completely (I haven't been drinking any for this pregnancy but it's definitely worse if I ever do), and get as much sleep as possible. Are you taking ferocet? That's what I usually take but I haven't been taking it since I got pregnant (even though my doc says it's safe). 

Migraines are a crappy thing to suffer from anyway, but when you're pregnant I feel like it's even worse. I wish I could do something to help. My doc suggested osteopathic manipulation if I start to get one. I haven't tried it yet but I will next time. Good luck hon. 

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Thanks so much! Im on the fiorocet but can't take it today becaause im on call. I am trying to fight through it. Now I have been throwing up from the pain and didnt have  time to run to the bathroom so I made it to the sink, and guess what, the disposal wont work. DH is planning on having friends over tonite and this is how I feel. I am trying to get a coworker to take my call but he took it last time this happened. Today is soooo hard!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have a lot of success getting rid of my pregnancy migraines either. My OB prescribed Midrin which didn't do much. I found Tylenol with a little caffiene was my best remedy, although it never helped completely. I also started seeing a chiropractor which helped a little.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've started back to the chiropractor regularly and when I get one I have to take 3 Tylenols and wrap a heating pad around my head.  It seems to dull the pain until it goes away.  Unfortunately I haven't found anything I consider "safe" to take it completely away.  I feel your pain!  Hope you feel better!
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"