2nd Trimester
Options

Pain reliever question....

While I was home over Easter I got another pounding headache. My aunt had some Extra Strength Tylenol Rapid Release ....I was wondering if these are safe to take? I took 2 because all I could find on the label was that they were still acetaminophen. I'm not too worried that I took 2, but they worked pretty well and I would go buy some if they were safe. I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything, so I though you ladies might have an answer. Please let me know, TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pain reliever question....

• Options
    I also get headaches and my Dr.'s office recommended I take Excedrin Tension Headache ONLY since it just has acetaminophen and caffeine. Tylenol of any kind does not do anything for me, so I take that when I get a headache and I don't even need a full dose. I just take half and it does the job. You can try that although first ask your Dr. to see if they okay it for you.
  • Options
    That is good to know too...I was super surprised that the Extra Strength Tylenol Rapid Release even worked for me considering Tylenol usually does nothing for me either. I have Dr prescribed meds for my headaches, but try to combat them with other things before just jumping to the "good stuff" :) Thanks for the excedrin advice though! Anyone know about the  Extra Strength Tylenol Rapid Release?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OBs meds list says 500mgs every 6 hours, which is just one extra strength.  Its doesn't work though :(
  • Options
    Its all good.  Glad it worked for you and continues to work in the future. 
    image, image
    My little gummy bear
    10/09-started our journey 3/14/10- Dx anovulatory 12/29 IUI #3 BFP beta 1-25, 2-60, 3-2064. u/s 1 beautiful baby :) 9/22 Baby girl born 6 lb 14 oz perfect !!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Extra strangth tylenol is all im aloud to take for pain, i take two
  • Options
    I take 2 extra strenght rapid release and since I only take it very occasionally I don't worry about one or two.
  • Options
    Hey, Thanks a lot! I'm gonna go buy some of them....and I hope they keep working too!! :)
  • Options
    Acetaminophen is fine. You just can't have anything that contains aspirin. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

When migraines attacked me, the hospital said that I could take up to 1,000 mg tylenol at a time (which is two tablets).  For me, Extra Strength Rapid Release is my first line of defense.  Apparently my migraines got worse with pregnancy :-(

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • Options
    My DR told me anything that is Tylenol brand that you can buy is safe, including Tylenol cold mess and PM. Of course you want to ask yours too, but that is what I was told.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"