2nd Trimester
Options

Does baby's heart rate determine gender??

Re: Does baby's heart rate determine gender??

• Options
    Male or female, hearts work the same way, so no.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I read male heart rates are typically lower, below 140 and female heart rates are typically 140 and above.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. Everyone has always said that a higher heart rate equals girl. My mother, as we were finding out the gender, kept saying it was a girl based on the high heart rate. lo and behold, we're expecting a baby boy.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My midwives do say the higher HRs are more typical in girls, but not the absolute standard. I definitely wouldn't bank anything on this theory.

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Totally an OWT.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nope my baby's heart rate has been 157 and I'm having a boy  : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No. DS was always in the 150s and so is this baby girl.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Totally an OWT. I have a friend having a girl and heart rate was 120 and another friend having a boy who was 170.
  • Options

I have researched the crap out of this old wives tell-and they actually did do a study on heartrate and gender-there is NO proof that heartrate can detrime if it is a girl or boy. There is however a relational on heartrate and how old the fetus is (weeks).

But I did come across an article that states:American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology found that there is a difference in the heart rates of male and female fetuses during labor only. Scientists found that female fetuses had "significantly faster" heart rates than male fetuses after the onset of labor.

But by this point who cares huh? LOL Still fun to read about all this though :-)

• Options
    My baby had a heart rate in the high 160s every time and he's a boy, so no.
  • Options
    OWT.
  • Options

Like everyone said, it's totally an old wive's tale.

I was told something about the correlation between gender and fluid levels yesterday though. We aren't finding out gender until the baby is born, but I had been having trouble with too much fluid over the past month (it's gone down to normal range now) and I saw a different OB consultant yesterday who said that it probably means that we're having a boy. She said she doesn't know why but every time someone is polyhydraminus (too much fluid) the baby turns out to be a boy. She said there may be a reason why boys produce more fluid, but I don't think it's been researched too much. So we had a scan to measure the fluid again and Dh and I both think we saw a little something between the baby's legs.

We'll feel pretty stupid if it turns out to be a girl though and we both think we saw something just because we were looking for it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My son started off 170 and at the moment is ranging around 150 bpm.  I was told the same thing by a lot of people.
  • Options
    It is an old wives tale, but in my case, this one has been correct both times! (Then again, there is a 50/50 chance it would be correct anyway).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not in my case. My little guy's HR has been 155 or up the entire time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Not in my case either.  My DD was always around 144 or up and this baby has been 156 and up everytime.  I just assumed it was another girl because of the OWT and this one being higher but I found out on Thursday that this is definitely a baby boy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"