September 2011 Moms

baby bedding

I have, for the past 2 hours, been searching the web for baby bedding that I like. We're doing a sea turtle theme bedroom but we don't want it to be too baby-ish or too blue. Nothing. I'm thinking of switching to sail boats and calling it a day.... OR going with a very simple, plain bedding set and putting all of the decorating efforts into painting the room.

It's just kind of frustrating that of EVERYTHING out there to shop for, what I am looking for doesn't seem to exist.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby bedding

• How would you describe you're style and what colors are you looking into? I will try to help...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • i would go with plain  bedding and spending more time/money into the decor.  that's what we are doing with this.

depending on your budget and what pcs you want, you can also design your own.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know if it's in your budget, but if you could find fabric you liked, you could commission someone on etsy to make a set for you.  It seems expensive to me, but you may have enough in your baby budget to go for it.  Otherwise, I think going with plain bedding and decorating the room in other ways is your best bet.  We did find some crib sheets we like, but we didn't like any of the sets, so that's pretty much what we're doing.

Also, I don't know how crafty you are, but here is a tutorial I plan on using to make my own crib skirt, since I can't find what I really want.  I can't sew to save my life, but this is a total no-sew project.  Even if you went with plain crib sheets, you could really add some color/pattern with this, and I bet you could find a fabric that would fit your theme.  Best of luck!

• I think you are looking into something like "the giggling turtle bedding" I found on google search. Unfortunately that was a 2009 style but I found some basic throw pillows and decor that I think you could really make something out of that is a lot of white, dark blue, and green. I think it would be really great and not just for baby.
  • imageJaninneAlvarado:
    I think you are looking into something like "the giggling turtle bedding" I found on google search. Unfortunately that was a 2009 style but I found some basic throw pillows and decor that I think you could really make something out of that is a lot of white, dark blue, and green. I think it would be really great and not just for baby.

awesome! thanks. I will look into the accessories. We're using ths same room that we painted for DD (obviously repainting). On the bottom half we did a chair rail moulding and made the boxes underneath it with (like wainscoating i guess) and painted all that an off-white. Then on the top half we made 12 inch pink stripes and left 6 inch white stripes. We had chocolate brown accents and pink and brown bedding....white crib. Very clean looking but not incredibly boring.

DH would rather use green paint than blue paint (not like a baby green...but like a mossy green or a grassy green----something along those lines).

I have no issues with experimenting with paint colors and designs (it's only paint--i can always paint over it if i don't like it lol).

• imageTheFannins729:

i would go with plain  bedding and spending more time/money into the decor.  that's what we are doing with this.

We're using the bedding from the first link.  I love it and am so excited to see the room all together!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm thinking of this one in the green https://tinyurl.com/5tccr5x
    I think with the white crib it'll look really good and then I can focus on the walls and accessories.

I really like that cream-colored one, but it will clash with my white crib.

I thought about making the bedding myself (I made the quilt that's on my bed) but honestly, if you do it right, it's just as expensive to make it as it is to buy it and takes more time than typing your debit card number into the payment box lol.

• imageemluedtke7:
    imageTheFannins729:

i would go with plain  bedding and spending more time/money into the decor.  that's what we are doing with this.

We're using the bedding from the first link.  I love it and am so excited to see the room all together!

I do like the bedding from the first link. But I went to the design your own web site earlier today and they didn't really have any patterns I like...and they are out of my budget (even though my mom is buying the bedding, I don't feel like robbing her lol)

• Ok, here's an idea you might like. I found this stencil...

https://www.stencilease.com/db/display.asp?input=1389

...I'm thinking if you like the stencil, you could get a set of bumpers and get cloth paint and paint those onto the bumpers and use plain crib sheets, etc and you could also use the same stencil to do some hanging pictures or throw pillow for a rocking chair (if you want/have one)..just a couple things.Best part is you can use any colors you want since it's a stencil.

• imageJaninneAlvarado:

Ok, here's an idea you might like. I found this stencil...

https://www.stencilease.com/db/display.asp?input=1389

...I'm thinking if you like the stencil, you could get a set of bumpers and get cloth paint and paint those onto the bumpers and use plain crib sheets, etc and you could also use the same stencil to do some hanging pictures or throw pillow for a rocking chair (if you want/have one)..just a couple things.Best part is you can use any colors you want since it's a stencil.

ooo i DO like those. that is a really good idea

• I found some fabric that I like on etsy. Someone was selling the skirt alone for $90. I can get the fabric and DIY for $9.95/yard... No decision there for me. I have 2 rooms to do... Now if only I were capable of decision making.
  • imageJaninneAlvarado:
    How would you describe you're style and what colors are you looking into? I will try to help...

You need to go into nursery interior design,,,I swear you read my mind the other day when I only gave you the colors I liked!

• imagemvdemming:

imageJaninneAlvarado:
    How would you describe you're style and what colors are you looking into? I will try to help...

You need to go into nursery interior design,,,I swear you read my mind the other day when I only gave you the colors I liked!

Smiled when I read this. I wanted to be an interior designer a few years ago. It's a dream so that is nice of you. Have you decided what you are going with? ( I seen what you were wearing in your siggy pic and I kinda got vibes from that what you didn't like so much of the one your friend offered to sale you  ;D )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"