Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Diaper Pail Recommendations??

New to the baby gig.... due in June. Setting up the nursery and it occurred to me I may need/want a diaper pail.

I'm guessing there is a reason they sell diaper pails, (lol), so I am looking for recommendations. I hate the thought of having to buy a special bag for them, but will if it is absolutely necessary.

Learn. Grow. Love.

Re: Diaper Pail Recommendations??

• Options
    I have the diaper genie elite II and love it! it does uses a special bag but is worth it, we change the bag once is filled (once a week, 10 days) and it never smells

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

This is what we are getting for the nursery.  It has special bags but it also can use the plastic shopping bags that you get everytime you go to a store so great way to use them up.   I don't like the idea of the Diaper Genie or any of the "special" diaper pails that are out there. I also love Simplehuman's customer service we have one of the bigger ones in the kitchen and it broke, called them up and had the replacement part the next day.

https://www.target.com/simplehuman-studio-Profile-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B001304WOG/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are doing the Diaper Dekor Plus. You can use the bags they sale or use regular trash bags. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2919753 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am just getting a small Simple Human stainless trash can with a lid. It holds grocery size plastic bags. Then I will just take it out each day. I am also planning to use small plastic bags to put poopy diapers in before I  throw them, so there should be much stink.

My plan is probably not the best for the environment, but I will be reusing the plastic bags that I get at the grocery store, and I am hoping to find some environmentally friendly smaller bags to contain the poopy diapers.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    i recomend putting them in fragrance bags then throwing them out everytime you take the trash out. Think about what these garbage pails are....they house poo for a week. Kind of nasty.
  • Options
    we have the diaper champ, no special bags needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I LOVE LOVE our Diaper Genie II Elite.  It does take special bags, but we only use it for poo diapers so we really don't use that much.  We keep it at the top of the stairs in our hallway - people without kids have actually asked me what it is. 

Trust me when I say you can tell when there is a poo diaper in a trash can!! 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options

We have the diaper champ and it doesn't require special bags.

I think it's incredibly wasteful to separately bag each diaper.

• Options
    We also have the diaper champ.  We use regular kitchen bags in it and take it out weekly. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the cheap Safety First one that is similar to Diaper Champ. It takes a regular bag. I put scented liners in and an Arm and Hammer scent disk. I love my diaper pail.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    The First Years Clean Air one.  It takes regular trash bags and has an air filter in it.  Plus you just place the diaper in it and then push down on the lid.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

imageBBColt78:
    I have the cheap Safety First one that is similar to Diaper Champ. It takes a regular bag. I put scented liners in and an Arm and Hammer scent disk. I love my diaper pail.

I have this one too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"