September 2011 Moms

Haven't started anything...

please tell me Im not the only ony. Keep telling myself I have all the time in the world to get everything ready for baby. It doesn't help that DH doesn't stress about anything. We haven't looked at cribs, paint, I have NO IDEA what I wanna do with the nursery. Maybe it is so overwhelming that it's paralyzing me ha! I just feel like it is too early to  start anything? PLease tell me there is someone else out there like me? Or if Im crazy tell me!!!

Re: Haven't started anything...

• I definitely understand where you're coming from. We have picked out a crib - that's about it. Have you tried looking through the baby bargains book? It does help a bit, just so you're not SO overwhelmed. But yeah - we have a crib picked out, but I have no idea what to do with the nursery. I'm not super stressing - there's a lot of time, and even when the baby does get here, we'll keep her/him in our room for a couple of months.

But no, you're not crazy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm right there with you! After reading your post, I asked my husband if we can get the nursery started before our parents come in town this weekend. Maybe that will motivate us!

As for registering, we've decided to make date-night out of this following our A/S in May.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

•     
  • Oh, don't worry. You have plenty of time. with DD, we didn't start working on the nursery at all until about 6 weeks before she was born. And even then we had plenty of time. The only thing we had an issue with was the bedding being on back-order. It came in the day after her funeral (a week after she was born)---talk about a knife in the heart.

We're getting started earlier this time (with the planning at least) just because my dad and my sister are living with us taking up two bedrooms on our three bedroom house. They are moving out at the end of July and I want to be able to get in there and get things done right away (since that's 5 weeks before my due date). My dad's room is the babies room and my sisters room is DH's office, which means we get our diningroom back... So I have to set up a baby's room, an office, and a diningroom in 5 weeks (if this LO doesn't come early). I just want to have it all set and ready to go so we can get it done.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • You're not alone. Read any one of my whines from the past week. I have no clue what I'm doing, and its totally out of character for me, which is probably why its bothering me so much. I can't even seem to pick the name.

I feel for you, but I have no advice, otherwise I might give it to myself as well. 

Me & My Grandma

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

•     
  • You are definitely not the only one!  I was just stressing out earlier about the fact that I've done NOTHING to prepare for baby in terms of nursery, shopping, registry, etc.  We are waiting until we find out the gender on May 11th, but I feel like I am going to have a heart attack with everything there is to do!  I'm planning on just taking it one little task at a time....there is over 20 weeks left, after all.  Wait...that doesn't sound like a lot anymore :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've just been discussing a nursery theme, but we can't actually make any plans or purchases until we move, which won't be until late June/early July.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards