Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

pumping problems

Hi all! LO just turned three months today so i'm moving on over to this board! I have a question about pumpng. I'm trying to give LO bottles during the day and only breast feed morning and night since i'm going back to work in a few weeks and i want her to be used to that before then. I'm having a hard time pumping though...i only feed one side each time (she eats the left one feeding...the right the next)...so when i give her a bottle during the day i pump the side she would normally be feeding on...My problem is my right side isn't producing enough for a full bottle....she's taking about 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours but whenever i pump my right side it barely gives me two oz. ANyone have any idea why that would happen? 

ALso - i want to start pumping two sides at the same time so i can pump less during the day...anyone have to transition to one side each time to both sides?

Thanks 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: pumping problems

• Options
    When bfing, my LO sometimes takes one side, sometimes both.  I work FT so I also pump.  I would highly recommend pumping on both sides.  have always pumped both sides and have never had any adjustment versus her sometimes only feeding on one side.  And it's very common for one boob to produce more milk--when I pump at work, I usually get 3-4 oz on the right, 2 on the left.  Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I BF DS one side at a time while at home, but at work I always pump BOTH sides, and it seems pumping both gets me enough for one feeding. Pump both sides.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely pump both sides.  I also have to pump an extra time in the middle of the night/early morning and in the evening before bed to get enough for the next day.  Unfortunately, pumping isn't as efficient as actually nursing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"