3rd Trimester
Options

Is this ever going to end?? Induction - FAIL

Went in to be induced (a second time) yesterday. Got two gel treatments, had contractions a minute to a minute and a half apart for TWELVE hours and managed to dilate ONE more centimeter. ONE. So I went home, took a shower, ate some food and went to sleep in my own bed. Woke up this morning feeling rested which is great, but the contractions have stopped completely. Apparently it doesnt matter what the doctors want, my baby girl isnt budging. She is simply not ready to come out I guess. As long as she's healthy i simply have to breathe and deal.  Oi vey.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is this ever going to end?? Induction - FAIL

• Options
    That's gotta be frustrating!  Sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry it's not working for you. I hope she comes on her own soon!! Sad   She probably just isn't ready.. Why do they want her out right now?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealandals:

Sorry it's not working for you. I hope she comes on her own soon!! Sad   She probably just isn't ready.. Why do they want her out right now?

Look at her ticker, she is 40w4d!  

Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry!  That sounds just miserable.  At least you know that it can't possibly go on more than another week or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefragglefan:
    imagealandals:

4 days PDD wouldn't be sufficient enough reasoning for me to be induced. If both mom and baby are healthy, there really isn't any medical indication for induction. Baby will come when baby is ready.

• Options
    imageMustanGTbaby13:
    imagefragglefan:
    imagealandals:

4 days PDD wouldn't be sufficient enough reasoning for me to be induced. If both mom and baby are healthy, there really isn't any medical indication for induction. Baby will come when baby is ready.

Docs want baby out soon because we live at over 6000 feet elevation and at this altitude babies dont tolerate labor well the longer they go before birth, I have also had some blood pressure issues, lots of fluctuation that concerns them and the placenta started to calcify over a month ago. So she is going to be watched very closely now, and we may try induction again on Tues. So far she is still doing really well, but that could change very quickly so the sooner she can come out the better. None of my issues are dire, alone, but all of them together can create a very unhealthy environment for her. Plus there's some other issues for me that need to be taken care of asap but can't as long as baby is still inside. So to the few pp that mentioned it, yes it IS very frustrating, a little more worrisome then frustrating though and to the other pp I am so happy to keep reminding myself that I will get to hold my LO and see her face very soon regardless of how much the 'getting there' sucks!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hoping she comes soon!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"