3rd Trimester

things to buy

What kind of things do I have to have by the time baby is here?  I'm talking necessity. I don't think I have a lot of things for her and I'm freakin' but I want to make sure I'm prepared.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: things to buy

• Essentials:

formula + bottles (unless you are breastfeeding)

swaddling blankets

onesies + sleepers

a few pairs of socks

a crib, bassinet or pack 'n play

carseat

diapers

wipes

diaper cream

baby wash/lotion

sam & arlo 

• thank you very much.  =)
  • Loading the player...
  • also you need cotton puffs and rubbing alcohol for the umbilical cord stump. This time around I am getting those sterilized alcohol wipes instead.
  • Car seat

diapers

food

footie pj's

something to swaddle him/her with

pacifier

a place for him/her to sleep

ETA: trust me. you need a lot less than you think. You'll be fine :)

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • that's what I was hoping
  • imagedbertagni:
    also you need cotton puffs and rubbing alcohol for the umbilical cord stump. This time around I am getting those sterilized alcohol wipes instead.

You don't NEED these 2 things. Most people will not be using alcohol on the stumps these days due to updated research and doctor recommendations. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • lisamoelisamoe member

Dont forget things for you:  breastfeeding supplies (also nipple creams, nursing pads, ect.)

and pads (ugghhh! its sure been nice not having to think about this for all these months)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWaterLiIy:

imagedbertagni:
    also you need cotton puffs and rubbing alcohol for the umbilical cord stump. This time around I am getting those sterilized alcohol wipes instead.

You don't NEED these 2 things. Most people will not be using alcohol on the stumps these days due to updated research and doctor recommendations. 

so whats the current recommendation?

• imageAngel0423:
    imageWaterLiIy:

imagedbertagni:

so whats the current recommendation?

To just leave it alone, keep it clean and dry. Gently wipe it when you're giving sponge baths and what not, but it will fall off when it is supposed to fall off. Alcohol will just unnecessarily dry it out.

Different pedis recommend different things, as with anything else, but I know that these days that is the recommended treatment, and is what they teach in medical school.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"