May 2011 Moms
Options

I just called my mom in mild freak out mode

I woke up this morning and the skin on Eliza's hands and a little bit on her feet were peeling. I didn't know if that was normal or not. Apparently it is. Wish someone would have told me that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: I just called my mom in mild freak out mode

• Options
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    She just got out of a 9-month bath!

Yeah but it was just her hands and its like bad sunburn type peeling. I could understand a little dry skin or maybe a day or two after her arrival but it freaked me out just the same. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Freaky!!!! I'm so glad thats normal. I don't even remember if that happened with my DS! 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Options
    if only they told you everything! 
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • Options
    these are things we need to know! :)
  • Options

imagemrbear83:
    these are things we need to know! :)

yeah! so you don't go to the extreme of my kid has leprosy! ok I never thought that but I was afraid I was doing something wrong.

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    a friend of mine was home for a week and all of her son's lush, dark hair that he was born with fell out.  she totally thought that she had broken the baby- although when she called the hospital they told her to relax- apparently also normal.  it all grew back in super blond. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's normal!  She'll get really peely, then the dead skin will fall off and she'll have normal baby skin again :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Haha I asked the NICU nurses about this too!! It seems like A LOT of peeling!!

Now I am used to it and just use lotion on her dry spots. The only spots that worry me are her eyelids, they peel every few days and I can't put lotion on her eyes!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes landon had it really bad! I remember putting lotion on and within like 10 mins it would look dry again! Grady wasn't as bad! Funny the things that come up and scare you ;)
  • Options
    aw! girlie you need a nap!  gonna get yourself all kinds of worked up!!  Glad your mom was able to straighten you out! Smile
  • Options

Coming in late to the game, but our newborn care class said that the hands and feet are often not coated in vernix, or more lightly coated than the rest of the body, so you may notice more peeling from LOs 9-month bath in those places.

Glad your mom could put you at ease, and don't panic if her feet get leprosy too! Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"