Breastfeeding
Options

anyone use Breastflow bottles?

I bought a pack and tried one today when I was giving him a little bit of prune juice. He got a great latch on it and seemed so much more comfortable than when he drinks from his Dr. Brown's, he almost looked like he was BFing.

Since he only takes a little juice, I couldn't check it out for long. Has anyone had problems with leaking around the collar? The nipples didn't seem like they fit too securely into it so I was worried about that. It also seemed like he sucked a lot but didn't drink too much.  I am hoping they work out well, he has bottles during the day 3 days per week and we've tried a few but I always felt like we could potentially find one more comfortable for him.

Curious what others think of them - thanks!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: anyone use Breastflow bottles?

• Options
    My baby likes them, and we haven't had any leaks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only time I've had leaks is when the collar is on too tight. Other than that, they are wonderful.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Pregnancy tickers"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No leaks here unless I put the parts together incorrectly. I like it because it really paces the feeding unlike other bottles where LO's strong suck finishes them in three minutes. I've tried a few other bottles and this really is the best for BF babies IMO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I tried to feed DS with one and it seemed like the flow was too fast for him.  He kept drooling BM all over the place.  I have since gone back to using playtex bottles with the drop ins. He does well with those.

• Options
    i use breast flow b/c they were recomended to me from another BF friend, and we love them.... the only thing is that there is a little bit of milk left in chamber when he's done.... i feel like im wasting my precious milk.... lol..... no leakage issues..... GL
  • Options
    I have not had any success with them unfortunately. They leak all over my DDs face! The leaking isnt coming from the collar either... its coming from her mouth, like she has a horrible latch on it. I wish they worked better for us, because they have the slowest nipples I have come accross, which more closely mimics the flow of a breast. I have had the most success with anything Playtex, their wide nipples are great. We use them on Playtex drop-ins and Vent-Aire Advance bottles. Those are the two we like best.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options

imagevirgospiderette:
    i use breast flow b/c they were recomended to me from another BF friend, and we love them.... the only thing is that there is a little bit of milk left in chamber when he's done.... i feel like im wasting my precious milk.... lol..... no leakage issues..... GL

Do you squeeze the milk back down into the bottle?  DD NEVER has any left!

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we use them and LOVE them.  It takes DS about 15 minutes to eat 3 oz and I do have to squeese some of the milk back into the bottle if he is doing more compressing than sucking.  We did have some leakage problems at the beginning, but figured out that DH was overtightening the collar.

They were recommended by a friend and my LC said that the bottle was probably the only reason DS was still latching onto me with my major low supply issue. 

• Options
    imagecmhicklin:

imagevirgospiderette:

Do you squeeze the milk back down into the bottle?  DD NEVER has any left!

no... ive never squeezed the milk back in... he gets one 4oz bottle of soy in the evening, so he can bond with grandma (i live with my mom) and i dont really care if it wastes at all.... when i was working(i got laid off 2 mos ago), he would take bm from the medela bottles....... it worked for us.... good tip though...ty

• Options

imagesandhyajp:
    My baby likes them, and we haven't had any leaks

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"