2nd Trimester
Options

Need potluck suggestions!

In my typical late fashion, I need to make something for a potluck tomorrow and have no idea. It's actually part of a wedding so the ceremony is at 2pm and the reception/eating isn't until 6:30. I've been assigned to make an entree. There is no refrigeration or heating, so whatever I make can't be a hot dish. Basically it has to be something that I can keep cool in the car with ice packs for most of the day. Also, it needs to be vegetarian since I am, and most of the people I know there are, and I want to be sure I have at least something to eat. The wedding is about an hour away so no way to go home and cook something fresh to bring.

To recap, I need ideas for:

A vegetarian entree, that can be kept cold in the car for hours (or at least won't spoil) and isn't peanut butter and jelly, because that's my best option right now. TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need potluck suggestions!

• Options

I had this at a cousin's bridal shower, and it was pretty good (and I am not a tofu eater)! It should stay cold if you refrigerate it all day, and then bring pre-sliced bread on a tray so people can make mini sandwiches.

Tofu Sandwich Spread:
    https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tofu-Sandwich-Spread/Detail.aspx 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What about a pasta salad, tossed with black olives, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, roasted red pepper slices... whatever.  Drizzle some olive oil and red wine vinegar on top, and sprinkle some fresh or dried herbs.. yum!  It doesn't have any dairy or meat, so I wouldn't worry about it spoiling, especially with ice packs on it.  Idk that you'd consider it an entree (in my family, if there's no meat, it's a side), but the garbanzo beans would make it filling. 
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are "flexitarians" who eat a lot of vegetarian dishes.  Martha Stewart has a quinoa salad that we LOVE.  It's definitely substantial enough for an entree.  Keep ice packs on it and maybe add the dressing right before you put it out : ) Check it out:

https://www.marthastewart.com/283997/quinoa-and-corn-salad-with-pumpkin-seeds 

If you're not settled on a cold entree, maybe you could do a curried broccoli casserole and keep it in a crock pot or a warmer. 

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"