Pregnant after a Loss

Should I put my doppler away or call for a check on Monday?

So DH and I have tried our doppler multiple times since it arrived Thursday and the only thing we've picked up multiple times is my hb. I've had an empty bladder and tried a pillow under my lower back, drinking sugary juice, and a warm shower. My OB found it on Tuesday at 9w,6d so should I be worried?

Part of me says I should call Monday to see if I can get in for a doppler check and the other part is berating myself since the OB's doppler is probably much more advanced. My NT scan is my next appt, and it's not until May 9 at a specialty place. WWYD? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I put my doppler away or call for a check on Monday?

• This was the exact reason that I didn't get a doppler, I knew it would freak me out too much! You could call the dr and see if they have any room to squeeze you in.
  • imagekbel424:
    This was the exact reason that I didn't get a doppler, I knew it would freak me out too much! You could call the dr and see if they have any room to squeeze you in.

All of this.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think you should be worried but I say keep trying!! I have tried a few times today because I am having a panic kind of day and the baby quickly moves away from the Doppler. Maybe keep trying this weekend and give a call on Monday for peace of mind because may 9 is way to long to wait for peace of mind! GL!! Did they move your EDD back??
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't worry, try at another time.

I'm sure all is ok.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I couldn't find mine that often at all before 13 weeks. The baby is so small that I just think it is really tough. 
  • You're still really, really, really early.

I didn't find it for the first time until 11.5w, and then I had a 50% success rate between 11.5w-14w.

And, BTW, you actually need a full bladder for the doppler to work....not an empty one. Drinking sugary juice makes the baby move around...it won't make it's heartbeat sound any louder.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I had two days in a row, this week, when I could not find my baby's h/b. Today I found it right away and it was very strong. Give it some time, sometimes depending on where the baby is positioned you might not pick it up.

If you can't find it in the next few days, then call your Dr. for peace of mind Smile

• imagepigtails1031:

I wouldn't worry, try at another time.

I'm sure all is ok.

This.

But if they can squezze you in and it will calm you down then I say go for it.

• Try not to worry.  Like the pp's said it is still early.  Wait a couple days and try again! But if you need to go in for peace of mind I say go for it, if they can fit you in.  Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • imageSgt M's Wife:

imagekbel424:
    This was the exact reason that I didn't get a doppler, I knew it would freak me out too much! You could call the dr and see if they have any room to squeeze you in.

All of this.

Yep! My doc won't even do office doppler check's until after 12 weeks

6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • I would put it away, if it were me I wouldn't call the Dr. either.  The machine in an OB's office is better than anything you can get yourself, so I wouldn't be worried that they heard it but you can't find it.  I had doppler checks at 10 and 12 weeks, and both times it took my OB a really long time to find it, and it was only for a few seconds.

I would try not to stress about it, but I know that's easier said than done.

• Damabo nailed it again. You are still super early- I didn't find it until 10 weeks at home, and even though I can find it each time now my uterus is tilted forward which makes it easier for me. My doc recommend women don't even try at home until 12 weeks. I wouldn't call the doctor and would put it away for another few weeks. 
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Thanks so much, ladies! I was thinking it was still too early at 10w,3d (today) for my home doppler since the OB's office doppler is probably more high-tech (they found it right away!), but I was still a little worried. I'll put it away for now and try when I'm further along and with a full bladder. 

Jules, my EDD is still the same but I'm going by my O date which also matches what I've measured at my 2 u/s. I'm wondering if they'll change it after my NT scan if I still measure by my O date.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"