September 2011 Moms

Icecream for dinner:disaster.

So, this is one of those "duh" moments of my pregnancy.

I had Fiber One cereal yesterday morning and just felt off and kind of crampy all day from it. DH wanted to treat me last night to an icecream sundae at a new little icecream place. I hadn't had dinner, or eaten in about 3 hours but I figured, what the hey, get my calcium in!

After the sundae, DH felt like a cheeseburger (don't we sound like fata$$es!) so we were in the drive thru when I felt NOT so hot. Baby was kicking up a storm like he was on the sugar rush of a life time, and I WALKED out of the drive thru from the car and went to the bathroom inside, where I proceeded to cramp and begin to pass out on the toilet.

This led me to LAY ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR  OF A PUBLIC RESTROOM so that I didn't fall off the toilet and kill myself.

I felt a bit better once I lay down and was able to get to the car and head home. I felt better last night, but this morning I'm still feeling kind of Eh.

I'm guessing it was a combo of too much fiber and nothing but sugar for dinner.

I know,  I feel like an idiot and I'll never do that again. Anyone have a weird sugar fainting story like this? Also, I showered as soon as I got home after the bathroom floor incident.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Icecream for dinner:disaster.

• Bless your heart!  You had to have been feeling bad to lay on that floor.  Glad you are feeling better today.  I haven't had anything crazy like that happen yet, but then again, I usually make DH go out to get stuff instead of going with him.  Now I have a perfectly valid reason, I'll just tell him - hey, you don't want me to end up lying on the floor of a public bathroom do you? :)
  • Yep, I had a similar situation back when I was 11 weeks pregnant.  Didn't feel too well on Saturday night, so just had some toast and an Ensure for dinner.  On Sunday morning, I ate a glazed donut for breakfast and nothing else.  I went to church a couple of hours later, and right towards the end of mass, I started to feel really sick, hot and dizzy, then proceeded to completely black out!  I smacked my head on the pew in front of where I was sitting, then came to.  I know the whole thing probably lasted only seconds, but it felt like an eternity to me!  I called my doctor the next day and he said that my blood sugar must have been too low - needless to say, I have been very careful about what I've been eating since then, and haven't had any repeat fainting spells.  Still scary though!!!image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"