Pregnant after IF

babymoon booked!

We had been talking about going away for the past couple of months and then we finally just decided to do it! 

My husband travels a lot, so we have miles and points for the hotel. Anywho, we are going to the Four Seasons in Miami for a relaxing Memorial Weekend 3 night getaway!!! We also just booked our dog's stay at a dog "resort" around us. I'm super nervous about leaving him as we have never boarded him before. If you have done so, please assure me he will be just fine :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: babymoon booked!

• yay for a babymoon! sounds like a great time :)

we board our annie a few times a year and she LOVES it. although i use the word "board" loosely - it's a huge space where she runs around all day and plays with other dogs. the worst part is she comes home smelling like a goat. but she loves it. your dexter will be just fine :)

• How exciting ! I loooove Miami, you're going to have such an awesome time
  • Loading the player...
  • We haven't had to put our pup in a kennel yet, but I am sure that you dog will be fine.  He will probably love it!

Friends of ours are getting married in Mexico soon, so we are leaving Thursday to head down.  What was going to be my "Escape from Mothers Day" trip has now turned into our "babymoon."  I can't wait!

Have fun packing and planning for the trip!  For me, that is half of the fun! 

TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohh how fun!!! ENJOY!!!
  • imageNicoleeBonsai:

yay for a babymoon! sounds like a great time :)

we board our annie a few times a year and she LOVES it. although i use the word "board" loosely - it's a huge space where she runs around all day and plays with other dogs. the worst part is she comes home smelling like a goat. but she loves it. your dexter will be just fine :)

thank you! This makes me feel so much better. It is a place just like that where he will be outside most of the day running around in a big field. perfect!  

• imageStuckinthemiddle:

We haven't had to put our pup in a kennel yet, but I am sure that you dog will be fine.  He will probably love it!

Friends of ours are getting married in Mexico soon, so we are leaving Thursday to head down.  What was going to be my "Escape from Mothers Day" trip has now turned into our "babymoon."  I can't wait!

Have fun packing and planning for the trip!  For me, that is half of the fun! 

my type-A self also loves packing and planning! have fun on your babymoon as well!  

• oooh i have been thinking about a babymoon too.  I feel like we need one after the year we have had!  and how our lives are about to turn upside down! 

I confess my dog is 12.5 and i have never boarded him once so I feel your anxiety!

TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's going to be so fun! I'm sure your doggie will do great :)
  • Aw, that sounds perfect! I hope you have a great babymoon! I think the pup will have a great time!
  • Yay for a babymoon!! Youre going to have a great time! Enjoy yourselves! If Dexter is going to be at a 'resort' i bet he'll be just fine! ;)
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Doggie's gonna do fine at the kennel. We board ours twice a year and she loves it! Babymoon sounds wonderful! We're going to go to when I am 14 weeks (provided everything is ok) and I can't wait! Have a fabulous time!
  • Your dog will be fine! Our JRT is going to a doggy spa when I'm in the hospital and he LOVES going!

Have a great babymoon! It sounds awesome :0)
  • JenCWJenCW member

Sounds great.  I bet you're counting the days.  We're going to Palm Springs for a three-day getaway, and the thought of it makes me so excited.

Also, we have sent our two pups to "doggie camp" many times, and they always love it.

• I bet you'll have a great time!

I know the feeling about being nervous about boarding your dog.  If it makes you feel any better, my dog loves it so much that she nearly pulls our arm off the minute we get in the parking lot.  We spoil her though and get her all the "extras" like a bigger spot to sleep, 1 on 1 playtime with an employee, play group with other dogs, and get this-she even gets bottled water and a bedtime story (part of the package)! lol

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Yay for a babymoon!!!!!! Have fun :) I bet Dex will enjoy his "trip" as well!!
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • grazygrazy member
    Sounds fun!! Enjoy!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • He will be just fine!!!!!  He will likely be exhausted when you pick him up from all the running around with the other dogs he will be doing for 3 days.  Seriously, my dog loves his doggie resort like I used to love going to camp! 

Enjoy Miami!  I'm super jealous!

• Miami = FUN!!!  Glad you planned a babymoon!  I think we all deserve one :-)  If it is a 'resort' I"m sure he'll be rocking it out!  my dog was boarded at the groomer's for three days and he did fine.  we typically have some college age kids who come and housesit/dogsit for us because we have three dogs total (2 out and 1 in) and it is just way too expensive too board them.  Have a great trip!
  • Have fun! 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • That is great! I was wondering what everyone thought about a babymoon. We have a vacation scheduled for the beginning of Aug and id be 17 or 18 weeks. We are starting to second guess if we should go. Id definitely be ok with staying in the US. I've never been to Miami, sounds fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"