Success after IF
Options

Baby bag for hospital (XP)

I am still procrastinating about packing my and DH's hospital bag. But I have done the baby bag now. 

Here is what I have included:

- Baby wipes (64 pack)
- Size 1 diapers (approx 40)... the nurse told us to not bother with newborn size
- vaseline
- 3 trail packages of shampoo/soap
- hand sanitizer
- newborn size clothes (long sleeve onsie, short sleeve onsie, footed pants, footed sleeper, hat)
- 3mth size clothes (long sleeve onsie, short sleeve onsie, footed pants, footed sleeper, hat)... just in case baby is really big
- 3 receiving blankets

Am I missing anything for baby?  Should I add in the pacifiers (I will be EFF)?

Thanks!  (Also posted on PAIF)

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby bag for hospital (XP)

• Options

They don't give you diapers and wipes???  Strange?  Is that just my hospital that does that?  Also they give us clothes for the baby too.  Although I did like to bring my own stuff!

I would for SURE pack paci's.  Not even a question.  I think besides that you have it all covered for baby!  They don't need much at the hospital! 

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options

our hospital had diapers & wipes and the shirt for her.

DD was born at 6 lbs 12 oz so take that in consideration w/ the advice below. 

I might suggest picking up some newborn diapers unless LO is suppossed to be bigger than say 9 lbs.  DD didn't switch over to size 1 till 10 lbs and even then they were big on her.

Same w/ the outfits she was in the 5-8 lbs newborn/preemie size for a couple months before the 0-3 fit her well.

All in all I think you're covered!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our hospital had pretty much everything covered for us...diapers, wipes, blanket, etc.

I overpacked but all I ended up needing was: picture outift/blanket, coming home outfit/blanket, hat to send home to the dog for scents, and the baby book for hand and footprints.  Of course, don't forget the carseat ;)

I, too, was planning for a bigger baby but she ended up being 7lbs and still in newborn clothes and diapers.  So you want to be prepared just incase.

Wishing you the best of luck!

ETA: I also brough along a swaddle sleep sack so we didn't have to worry about the swaddling when passing the baby to our visitors.  We did end up using quite a bit in the hospital.

TTC since 05 :( Dh diagnosed with azoospermia. Unsuccessful reconstructive surgery in 07-08. IVF w/ ICSI #1: BFP! 1 strong heartbeat and 1 lost twin @ 2nd U/S...bittersweet Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Most all hospitals provide everything needed for baby. Some people opt to bring their own sleepers, but everything else is not needed. Formula, wipes, diapers, nipples, pacifiers, etc..(You can also take what is in your room home with you)

ETA - The less you take with you the better since you will be taking baby home and whatever else people bring to you while visiting. Check with your nursery to make sure what they provide. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

Our hospital provided everything she needed.  Diapers, wipes, pacifiers, clothing. 

The only thing I took was her coming home outfit and SOCKS.  Babies feet stay cold, and they hospital doesn't put socks on them. 

They even give you extra diapers and wipes to take home...and if you FF they will give you extra formula.

Keep in mind, most all babies wear newborn diapers.  Caroline was 8 lbs 4 oz, and was in NB diapers until she was 4 weeks old.

• Options
    Oh, I just noticed you are from Canada. I am curious now if Canadian hospitals are different in what they provide then US hospitals?
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

Wow I barely brought anything for either of my kids.   They provide the diapers/wipes there.   Oh and make sure you help yourself to the diapers that are left over on the day you're going home.   

The only thing I brought was clothes to wear home and 2 onesies to wear in the hospital.  I didn't even bring any blankets since I just used the striped hospital blanket.  

Oh and since you are EFF,  if there are any of those ready made bottles left over, take those home too.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we brought a take home outfit, hospital provided everything else for him and sent us home with a bunch (diapers, soap, comb, vaseline, blankets, etc)

yay sally anne!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Just checking back in on this post now.  I have been organizing the nursery all afternoon.  I don't know if I am just going to a cheap hospital or if all Canadian hospitals are like this... but they won't provide much of anything.  They will provide the infant gowns and blankets for while in the hospital, but I can't take them home with me.  And they will provide the bottle feeding supplies and formula for while in the hospital.  Everything else I am suppose to bring.  They even told us in prenatel classes they they WILL send DH down to the pharmacy to get diapers, wipes etc if we forget them - even if it is the middle of the night.  

I will add socks to my list for sure.  That just reminded me of my SIL sending another SIL out to buy some when her LO was born.  And I was told to bring vaseline for their bum.  I guess to use as diaper cream?  Hmmm... the nurse told us to not bother with newborn size diapers... I will buy some though and bring them along.  I thought it was odd that they don't think anyone needs them.   

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Our hospital provided everything we needed for baby.  I just brought two outfits to bring him home in (one extra in case of a blow out or something) and a blanket since it was winter.  But we ended up using the hospital receiving blankets.  

I brought his baby book so they could do the foot and handprints.  

Just an FYI, I used newborn diapers for almost 2 months.  my guy was 6lb 7oz when born.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"