January 2012 Moms
Options

Have you been more cautious to workout?

I work out everyday, and now that I'm pregnant, I'm a lot more nervous about working out too hard (even though I'm taking it easy).  I have read that it's fine...but still makes me nervous.  I don't want to feel like I did anything to cause a problem if something were to happen.  

I was doing P90X, and in week 8 of it.  I still am doing it, but using lighter weights (no more than 10 pounds) and taking more breaks.   Even when I run...I stick to running a mile instead of anything more.  

Anyone else got this on their mind? How have you changed your workout? 

Re: Have you been more cautious to workout?

• Options
    I used to run every night, now DH and I briskly walk. I think once I'm in second trimester I'll feel more comfortable running again, especially if I'm not as exhausted.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This is something that I want to ask my doctor about ASAP.  I've been training for  half marathon that is on May 7th.  I am wondering if it still ok if I do the half marathon, but just not push myself as hard.  I've been running for years and completed 6+ half marathons so this isn't something new for my body.  Since getting my BFP, I've done 3 runs (around 5 miles each) and felt fine.  My DH, of course, is worried about the half marathon.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a Zumba Instructor and teach 5 days a week. I talked to my Dr. and he said that it was fine.  I wear a heart rate monitor and am just being carefull.
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just had my doctor's appointment yesterday, and she just said not to get my heartrate over 140.  Also said no working out over 7,500 feet elevation (we are in a high altitude location).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options

I didn't work out much, if it all, before my pregnancy, so I didn't want to start a hardcore routine.

Instead i'm walking 45 minutes each night on my treadmill at 3mph. Once I see my Dr. i'll ask her how she feels about me adding some running to the mix.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"