3rd Trimester

Car seats in car

Where is the safest place to put the car seat in a 2008 Nissan Altima. I would assume the backseat passenger seat but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated as putting the car seat in the car is on my list of things to do today however I am not really sure how or where.  Tongue Tied
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Car seats in car

• I'm pretty sure if you look in your owner's manual (for your car) it will tell you where they recommend you install carseats.

Edited for clarity

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have an Altima and my car seat is in the center.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your car's manual should tell you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will check out that website. Thanks!!!

A small little problem is I dont have my owners manuel :( So I cant refererence it.

• you can go to your local fire station/police station and they will install it for you (or make sure you installed it correctly) in the safest place for your car.
  • Your car seat manual should also tell you where and how to install the car seat. You should probably read that or the visit website for proper installation instructions, instead of asking and/or trusting random people on a message board.
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I have a Nissan (Murano) too, but yours should have the latch system that you can use. Our latch system can be used on either side, but you can use the middle seat, using the seat belt.  Our manual says its safer to use the latch system if your car seat is compatible.  Hope this helps a bit!
  • Thanks for your input. I have read the manual and have looked online at the website I was just trying to get some suggestions from others as well. I like to get advice from other moms and if you dont I dont know why you are on the community boards in the first place. But thanks for taking the time to rudely respond to me. Hope your day gets better! :)
  • Sorry my previous post was directed at VIKING not anyone else I appreciate everyone else's help.
  • imageVIKING1208:
    Your car seat manual should also tell you where and how to install the car seat. You should probably read that or the visit website for proper installation instructions, instead of asking and/or trusting random people on a message board.

You're such a rude hor! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejsbell84:
    Thanks for your input. I have read the manual and have looked online at the website I was just trying to get some suggestions from others as well. I like to get advice from other moms and if you dont I dont know why you are on the community boards in the first place. But thanks for taking the time to rudely respond to me. Hope your day gets better! :)

That was my advice, and I didn't say it to be rude to you. A car seat is something that could potentially save your child's life. But if your feeling are easily hurt by someone stating their opinion, then I don't know what you're doing on a community message board in the first place. And my day has been super! Thanks! :)

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • Mine said no results were found!

Anniversary

• imageLovingBaz:

imageVIKING1208:
    Your car seat manual should also tell you where and how to install the car seat. You should probably read that or the visit website for proper installation instructions, instead of asking and/or trusting random people on a message board.

You're such a rude hor! 

I love the quote button. And who are you calling a hor, slore?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• imageVIKING1208:

imagejsbell84:
    Thanks for your input. I have read the manual and have looked online at the website I was just trying to get some suggestions from others as well. I like to get advice from other moms and if you dont I dont know why you are on the community boards in the first place. But thanks for taking the time to rudely respond to me. Hope your day gets better! :)

That was my advice, and I didn't say it to be rude to you. A car seat is something that could potentially save your child's life. But if your feeling are easily hurt by someone stating their opinion, then I don't know what you're doing on a community message board in the first place. And my day has been super! Thanks! :)

Oh hunny my feelings are not hurt, they dont get hurt by random people on a message board, it takes a lot more then that to get me upset. Like I said before I am here to get advice since I am a first time mom and am unsure of things. Most people are very friendly and quite helpful and resourceful on here, which is why I love it. A car seat can save a childs life?!?!?! No way, thanks for all of your useful knowledge. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. :):):)

• imagemandaree:
    imageLovingBaz:

imageVIKING1208:

You're such a rude hor! 

I love the quote button. And who are you calling a hor, slore?

I was calling her a hor. Mind your own business you big breasted twathair.

That's right double burn.

• Our pediatrician said that the middle seat is the best place - even if it doesn't have the LATCH system.  (My Altima is a 2003 & the middle seat does not have LATCH).
  • imagekdodge423:

imageapril1bride:
    Our pediatrician said that the middle seat is the best place - even if it doesn't have the LATCH system.  (My Altima is a 2003 & the middle seat does not have LATCH).

Your pedi needs to stick to medical concerns.

There are many vehicles where middle back is not suggested. And LATCH is not safer- it's more convenient. That has nothing to do with placement. There are some vehicles where the back seat is uneven and the base cannot sit properly in the middle- huge safety hazard.

FYI- if you go to carseatdata.org, you will see the recommendation with your vehicle is one of them that is not the middle.

I have a 2009 Altima and the safest place is the center according to three car seat inspectors at different locations. These inspectors also agree with kdodge in saying for the most part center is safest in case of side impact however not in every situation and it's irresponsible for a ped to say so IMO
  • Maybe you should have a professional do it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemorganaday:
    I have a Nissan (Murano) too, but yours should have the latch system that you can use. Our latch system can be used on either side, but you can use the middle seat, using the seat belt.  Our manual says its safer to use the latch system if your car seat is compatible.  Hope this helps a bit!

You can use the latches for the middle.There are two for each side of the car. If you use one latch from either side it works. I used the middle for DD until recently. I would love to put LO#2 in the middle but I think DD will mess with him so he's on the driver's side and she's on the passenger side. HTH and GL 

• imagecruelsound:

THE ROOF.

Gawd, how hard is it for you guys to just give her that answer?

Frigging impossible Cruel! I mean really, that's why I got the cross bar on the roof rack! It stabilizes everything! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow who thought there could be so much butthurt over a simple (and correct!) suggestion? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"