July 2011 Moms
Options

When do your hips start to widen?

I'm so achy the past 2 days and am really wondering if it because my hips have started to widen.  I'll be 30 weeks on Sunday.  Possible?
Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: When do your hips start to widen?

• Options
    My hips began to spread pretty early on during the pregnancy and I think they're starting to spread again.  I wasn't aware that there was a certain time that they started to spread (as in preparing for birth). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think this depends on the person.. Mine seem pretty much the same, but my younger sister's hips are the first thing to go in her pregnancies even before she gets a belly. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine first spread very early on. Long before I had anything like a belly, my tight jeans wouldn't go around my hips any more. It sounds from this thread though lik eI have another round of it to go.
  • Options

Oh, mine definately have. I'm "all belly" but my normal underwear is tight and I can't get my PP jeans over my hips anymore.

I'm depressed at the idea of buying an entirely new wardrobe after my LO is here. Apparently my hips will never go back to their normal size. :(  Now I wish I had taken more time to appreciate my PP body...

• Options
    imagecburitz:

Oh, mine definately have. I'm "all belly" but my normal underwear is tight and I can't get my PP jeans over my hips anymore.

I'm depressed at the idea of buying an entirely new wardrobe after my LO is here. Apparently my hips will never go back to their normal size. :(  Now I wish I had taken more time to appreciate my PP body...

Who told you they'd never return?  That isn't true.  Lots of women's hips go back to normal.  I am sure some women's hips don't, but a lot of women don't lose all the baby weight either.  So, it isn't that their hips aren't back to normal, it is that they still carry extra weight.

Don't jump off the cliff until you have to girl!  You may be just fine.

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imagecburitz:

Who told you they'd never return?  That isn't true.  Lots of women's hips go back to normal.  I am sure some women's hips don't, but a lot of women don't lose all the baby weight either.  So, it isn't that their hips aren't back to normal, it is that they still carry extra weight.

Lurking on other month boards... A lot of women (2+ moms) said they lost the baby weight but were surprised that their bodies never returned to their PP shape.

I'm not worried about losing the weight. I just hope I can fit back into my "skinny" jeans without going up a size. ;) I wouldn't mind keeping my boobs, though. I've never had cleavage until now!

• Options
    My hips have been achy a lot the past week or so...I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow...hmm...
  • Options
    imagecburitz:
    imagekatie4253:
    imagecburitz:

Lurking on other month boards... A lot of women (2+ moms) said they lost the baby weight but were surprised that their bodies never returned to their PP shape.

I'm not worried about losing the weight. I just hope I can fit back into my "skinny" jeans without going up a size. ;) I wouldn't mind keeping my boobs, though. I've never had cleavage until now!

I might be a freak of nature but my hips got smaller after my son was born but it was about 6-9 months after he was born. By the time he was a year old I needed jeans a size smaller than before I was pregnant with him. I think it was all the nursing burning calories and walking to work (it's less than a 1/2 a mile)

Anyway, don't worry, your hips should go back to the way they were before, it just takes a bit of time. 

• Options
    It depends. With my DD it started around 20 weeks and I had random sharp pain in my hips until week 34, but with this LO I haven't felt anything, although I know they have moved about an inch or two already.
  • Options
    imagejesh1111:
    imagecburitz:
    imagekatie4253:
    imagecburitz:

I might be a freak of nature but my hips got smaller after my son was born but it was about 6-9 months after he was born. By the time he was a year old I needed jeans a size smaller than before I was pregnant with him. I think it was all the nursing burning calories and walking to work (it's less than a 1/2 a mile)

Anyway, don't worry, your hips should go back to the way they were before, it just takes a bit of time. 

I'm sure it's different for everyone. But mine also went back to my normal hip size (and with my DD they moved 4 freaking inches) I could comfortably wear my old skinnies  again about 6 months pp. I'm with you though, I loved my BFing boobs, they grew from a B cup to a DD on my small frame, so that was quite a treat for DH. Funny thing is that I never really wanted big boobs and now I'm considering getting some extra help in the boob department once we're done having babies (which will be 5 years from now anyways). I am really looking forward to my BF boobs to come back:) although they look a little insane at times...

• Options

imagepinkforme:
    My hips began to spread pretty early on during the pregnancy and I think they're starting to spread again.  I wasn't aware that there was a certain time that they started to spread (as in preparing for birth). 

This. 

Baby Boy #1: 7.7.11

Baby Boy #2: 5.6.13

Baby Boy #3: edd 4.25.15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"