North Carolina Babies

Can you make fun of these names for me?

DH and I have about 5 names left on our list (although it changes quite frequently, these we are pretty sure of).  Feel free to give honest opinions, tear them apart, make fun of them, anything.  Nothing feels quite "right" yet, and I love getting some feedback.

Amelia (or Emilia), Vera, Hannah, Charlotte, Laurel

My FAVORITES are Vera and Amelia, the others are kind of "eh" names that we both agree on. 

Re: Can you make fun of these names for me?

• Amelia - really cute but I think its a trendy name, so NMS

Vera - dislike. 

Hannah - love it! Would be one of my girl choices

Charlotte - love it too!

Laurel - dislike!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I think Amelia is very pretty (I think the other spelling would cause a lot of headache for her).

Vera -- also dislike

Hannah was one of our choices for Natalie.  I really like that one :)

Charlotte is also one I really like.

Laurel is very pretty -- my friend actually named her daughter this.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Amelia, I like... Emilia, I want to pronounce "Emma-Leah" for some reason

Vera--kind of old ladyish to me (but I think it's because DH works with an older lady with this name though)

Hannah--classic and pretty..like it

Charlotte--love this name, though it's getting really popular. It was our name choice if we ever had another girl, but DH's cousin used it, so it's out for us. But the popularity factor might have changed our minds anyway

Laurel--pretty..like it

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Amelia - I always think of that book Amelia Bedelia so it's hard for me to get past that! haha

Vera - dislike. 

Hannah - love it! I think it's a timeless name and very pretty.

Charlotte - Not such a fan--and it is becoming very popular.

Laurel - Also dislike.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Amelia - Ditto lala on Amelia Bedelia

Vera - I feel like it is an old name because I knew a lady in a nursing home named Vera when my mom worked there, but old is new again. 

Hannah - I think Hannah Montana, but I have never been a huge fan of Hannah.  Something about the way you say Hah- is too harsh too me.  I always said that I much prefer just Anna.

Charlotte - I love this one.  I think because I think of SITC and Kristen Davis is so pretty to me.

Laurel -  No opinion either way on this one.  I have no preconceived perceptions of it :) 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOVE Amelia! I thought about using that name with DD but my bro's GF's name, so that would've been weird. She actually goes by Ame (pronounced "Amy") and I liked that. 

Vera-like b/c it's different, not a really popular name

Hannah-meh, I don't really like. Kinda plain and very common.

Charlotte-too popular, I feel like everyone names their daughter this now b/c of SITC

Laurel-like-very unique!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amelia/Emilia - its okay, but I much prefer the spelling Amelia

Vera - dont like at all, I constantly think Vera Wang

Hannah - very pretty, it was one of my favorites

Charlotte - also very pretty, but not my favorite

Laurel - I like it okay, like that it isnt that "used" of a name

When picking DD's name I knew I wanted something that you dont hear all the time but I didnt want anything unusual. I definitely wanted a "classic" name and of the ones you have listed I would go with Hannah or Charlotte.  It's so much fun picking names... have fun!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Not a fan of Vera at all.

I love Laurel, but I think Owen and Charlotte go together best even if Charlotte is getting popular.

• Amelia and Vera are nms.

Hannah and Charlotte would be my picks.

Laurel is just ok.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Amelia- I too first thing that comes to my mind is Amelia Bedelia

Vera- dont really like and nms

Hannah- love that name and is prolly my fav. from your list.

Charlotte-super trendy

Laurel- pretty and not super common which is a good thing.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Amelia - cute, I like it, but it's crazy trendy right now

Vera - I like it & think it's a good name for both a kid & a woman

Hannah - has always been a fav. of mine

Charlotte - has been our girl name choice for years, so it's my #1 choice, of course it's coming back into popularity too.

Laurel - pretty, not super common & not super strange either 

• Amelia - I like

Vera - old lady and not cute

Hannah - I like

Charlotte - this would be my pick of all these names as long as there were plans to have NN Charlee - otherwise I do not like Charlotte

Laurel - Laurel and Hardy, my friend just named her baby girl Laurel and I wasn't blown away by the choice

• Amelia (or Emilia)-The 2nd spelling gives it a different pronunciation IMO.  I think it's a pretty name and nice choice, but is getting really popular (which is fine if that doesn't bother you).

Vera-I noticed lots of PPs said it's "old lady".  I obviously like older names.  LOL.  That's why I gave my daughter one.  I LOVE THIS NAME.  Gorgeous name and it's not trendy so that's a BIG plus.  So pretty.

Hannah-A little on the plain side for me and there will probably be others with the same name in her class (just a guess).  Which again, is fine if that doesn't bother you.  I do like the fact that it's Biblical though.  Just NMS.

Charlotte-I really like this name, but we nixed it b/c we're moving back to NC and even though we aren't moving to Charlotte, it just feels weird to give our daughter the name of the capital city.  It is very pretty though.

Laurel-I don't have an opinion either way on this one.  It's alright, I guess.  The only thing is how it's pronounced.  Some pronounce "Lah-rul" and some say "Lor-rul" so that's something to keep in mind.

I can't see how children could make fun of these names "on the playground", but kids can come up with all kinds of stuff.  The only thing I can think of is making fun of "Charlotte" b/c it's the state capital, but there will probably be plenty of Charlotte's in the same school so it probably won't be an issue.  Overall, they are very nice names.

• Amelia - like it, but don't use the odd spelling - too confusing

Vera - like it

Hannah - too popular

Charlotte - too popular

Laurel - love it! If my last name didn't have so many Ls in it, I would have considered it for DD

Good luck!

• imagestarz080:

Charlotte-I really like this name, but we nixed it b/c we're moving back to NC and even though we aren't moving to Charlotte, it just feels weird to give our daughter the name of the capital city.  It is very pretty though.

The capital of NC is Raleigh. Big Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imageMrsHughesNC:
    imagestarz080:

The capital of NC is Raleigh. Big Smile

LOL.  DUH.  Boy, have I been out of the state for too long.  I've actually made some even MORE dumb statements than that recently, believe it or not.  Pregnant brain.  I'm so brilliant Stick out tongue.  HAHA!  Either way, I couldn't use the name b/c it's in the state, but that's just me.  : ) 

• Amelia- I think it is okay. I also think of Amelia Bedelia. Would you call her Amelia or would you give her a nickname of Millie or something? Kids definitely will shorten it, I bet.

Vera- Really dislike. It does sound old and I think that there was a girl in my elementary school that was named this. I remember kids always screaming, "Vera has a virus!" Not obviously the worst thing to scream, but it's what I remember.

Hannah- I love it. Classic and I think it goes well with Owen.

Charlotte- Also very pretty, but I agree that it is getting popular. I still think that it would not hinder me from naming my child this if I liked the name.

Laurel- This one is okay, but I think it will be pronounced differently depending on who is speaking, like mentioned by Starz. I think you will often get people calling her Laura and Lauren a good bit.

Ultimately, it is your choice and I am sure you will pick a great name for your little girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amelia - like, but NMS

Vera - dislike (too old-fashioned for me)

Hannah - like, but widely used

Charlotte - LOVE

Laurel - LOVE - unique without being too weird

• imagefeistyred23:

Amelia- I think it is okay. I also think of Amelia Bedelia. Would you call her Amelia or would you give her a nickname of Millie or something? Kids definitely will shorten it, I bet.

We would most likely call her Emmy or Millie, I think. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"