June 2011 Moms
Options

I have help the first 4 months!

So last night my MIL finalized her travel plans; June 4 - Oct 2nd! I had all kinds of worries about an extended stay (e.g., will MH get too used to her taking care of everything and not learn to help me?) but now with baby's arrival around the corner I am just so relieved and so grateful that I will have help the first 4 months!!

I knew she would come for awhile but we had talked about 6 weeks  -  I am beside myself happy that she wants to come for so long Big Smile

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I have help the first 4 months!

• Options

Wow, that is very generous of her! It sounds like you have a great relationship with her.  I couldn't imagine my MIL even for one night, she hasn't done laundry or housework  in 30 years.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! That's great! I'm glad that you have such a great relationship with her. I don't think I could live with my MIL being over for more than a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great that you have such a good relationship that she can stay and help you that long. My mom is coming up right away and staying as long as I need her (probably a few weeks), and I'm enormously grateful for even that much help.

• Options
    imagecaruso_60:

Wow, that is very generous of her! It sounds like you have a great relationship with her.  I couldn't imagine my MIL even for one night, she hasn't done laundry or housework  in 30 years.

This! 

June 2011 Mamas October Siggy Challenge - Then & Now Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecaruso_60:

LOL! This!  I won't even consider having my baby in their house, it's too gross!

Anniversary

• Options

imageniende89:
    Wow! That's great! I'm glad that you have such a great relationship with her. I don't think I could live with my MIL being over for more than a day.

This!!! That's awesome that you will have some extra help though! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing in my happiness.  I agree with all of you that said it is so generous of her.  I am enormously grateful! Given that my own family was a bit of a mess, marrying someone with a good stable background was always a priority of mine BUT I never in a million years imagined I would be this lucky. I might be able to claim best MIL ever :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"