3rd Trimester

? about maternity sizing

Hi Ladies!

I'm visiting from the 1st Tri board...I have the opportunity to purchase some preowned maternity clothes for a great price, but I do not yet know how big I will be.

My question is did most people buy "up" a size or two? My main question is jeans...I obviously don't want them tight, but I normally wear a 27-28 jeans in Sevens, Citizens, Joe's, etc. and hers are 30's and size 6's. I would think this would work....but...

Opinions? 

TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? about maternity sizing

• I think that is close enough to work. They will be big on you in the beginning but as you get further along they will probably fit fine. Maternity clothes aren't quite as size specific as regular clothes (because they have more give).
  • I guess the answer depends on where your weight settles. Mine has settled in my thighs, so I've gone up about 1 pant size- except at Old Navy where I buy a size down or two. Maternity clothes seem to run pretty big. With tops, I've worn a small so far the whole time, and I'm still able to wear a lot of my pre-maternity shirts. Not much help, I know! Depending upon how much she's charging you for the jeans, I'd probably take them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was able to buy my maternity clothes in the same sizes I normally wear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bottoms:  I stayed true to my size (8) until the last trimester...I went up a size guessing because of the swelling.  Maternity clothes sizes and your size should stay the same til about the end...I gained about 17 pounds.

Tops:  I can still wear some of my pre-maternity tops.  And I wear a small or medium...depending where I purchase it.  

Maxi/Jersey Dresses:  I can wear all my pre-maternity ones...this is a biggie during summer...first pregnancy little summer dresses like from Old Navy and Target is what I wore.  Loose, comfy, and cool for the summer.

Hope this helps :)

Photobucket
  • Thanks everyone! I am going for it...too good of a deal to pass up! 
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngel0423:
    I was able to buy my maternity clothes in the same sizes I normally wear.

This, I am normally a size 2 and when I went looking at maternity jeans they had them in numbered sizes and so I tried what I would normally wear and they fit fine. But I didnt get them until I was further along. Untill then I used Bella Bands with my reg jeans, I just didnt button or zip them and the Bella Bands kept them up and kinda turned them into maternity jeans. GL!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"