Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Why YOU need to know CPR/ Heimlich

Seriously, every parent should take a CPR class and this is why:

We were eating dinner and Morgan started choking on her food. This is somewhat normal as she shoves it all in at once but this time it went too far. She started turning purple and trying to gag it up. I immediatly picked her up from her high chair, turned her over and started doing the blows on her back. Out popped a large chunk of tortilla. Her color started to perk up and she went back to shovling food in her mouth. I can't imagine what would have happened if I did not know how to do that. I could be posting that she died instead of that she's sitting on the floor playing with her brother.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why YOU need to know CPR/ Heimlich

• Thank god she's all right.  I know I think of that every time DS eats chunkier foods.  I would like to think I know what to do, but it would probably be a good idea to do a refresher.

• imageKellBell88:

Thank god she's all right.  I know I think of that every time DS eats chunkier foods.  I would like to think I know what to do, but it would probably be a good idea to do a refresher.

I have to take at least a refresher course every year for my job but that's the first time I've ever had to use it on an infant. Scary stuff.

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, glad to know she is alright! That sure is scary! I took a CPR course for the 1st time when I was pregnant with DD (had to for work) and I'm so happy I did. When I go back to work in 2 months, I will need to go for a refresher as well so that will be good.
  • Thank GOD she is OK. DD was a terrible at handling food and I had to do the Heimlich about 6 times. It is so scary! The kids bounce right back but we are scared for life after something like that! I hope you treated yourself to a HUGE glass of wine after that! I hope you are all feeling better!
  • So glad she's!!!!!!!
  • That is super scary. I am glad to hear your LO is doing just fine now! It makes me realize that I should definitely take a CPR class!
    Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"