Cloth Diapering

Tell me about Kawaii's

I've heard good things - and the price is amazing.

For those that have used them - do you like them? Why or why not? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me about Kawaii's

• I'm not gonna be much help as I haven't used mine yet- they always seem to get good reviews on here so I bought 2... The quality seems very poor (material and aplix), but then again they are very cheap.  I'll have to see how they hold up when we start using them- LO only 2 weeks so we haven't tried any of our os yet.
  • I just bought one the other day. I only bought it because it was tiger print and my daughter collects tigers lol

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine are great.

The overnights are our only solution for nighttime. 

The pure and natural are slim enough to fit my skinny boy.

None of mine are pilling on the inside, while my BGs are starting to pill on the inside fabric.

The aplix is holding up better than my BGs and they actually stick on their laundry tab.

I love my black snap diaper by them.

MY only problem with kawaii is that they are out of stock everywhere.  

I have seen some bad quality diapers before: crappy aplix, thinning suede cloth, delaminating PUL, misalligned snaps. Kawaii is not a crappy brand. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have two-we like them-a little fluffier than the BG but overall they are fine.  Not the first ones I reach for (my stash is mostly BG 4.0s)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 4 Kawaii and have been using them regularly for almost 2 years with no problems. They're just as well made, IMO, as the FuzziBunz and Happy Heinys that I also use.

They also tend to be a bit larger than the other one size diapers, which is great if you have a larger kid like mine. They're comparable in size to Happy Heinys, larger than FuzziBunz.

My one complaint is that the aplix Kawaii just never seemed to fit DS right - somethign about where the aplix was situated on the diaper with the added bulk of the insert. We really had to stretch them tight across his belly to get them fitted, and half the time they'd pop open randomly.

Ultimately no skin off my back, because about 2 weeks after I bought them I decided that I despise aplix anyway and switched my whole stash to snaps. I do still have the 2 aplix Kawaii, and they do work well as swim diapers with no insert.

• I have Kawaii's and Sunbaby and they seem almost identical to me.  I like them a lot and haven't had an issue with either one.  I also have Fuzzi Bunz and to be honest, I usually reach for the Kawaii's or Sunbaby first BUT the Fuzzi Bunz are bigger and work better when double stuffed for overnight.
    D & D 7/9/07 & 2/28/10 **** Angel Babies B&C 5/16/08 & 2/20/09
  • imageBMK0709:
    I have Kawaii's and Sunbaby and they seem almost identical to me.  I like them a lot and haven't had an issue with either one.  I also have Fuzzi Bunz and to be honest, I usually reach for the Kawaii's or Sunbaby first BUT the Fuzzi Bunz are bigger and work better when double stuffed for overnight.

I love my Sunbaby diapers. I bought some at the very beginning and they were the worst diapers I had ever seen. Someone here told me they changed and I bought a few. Those new ones are the ones I go for first.

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • imagesimplyatomic:

imageBMK0709:
    I have Kawaii's and Sunbaby and they seem almost identical to me.  I like them a lot and haven't had an issue with either one.  I also have Fuzzi Bunz and to be honest, I usually reach for the Kawaii's or Sunbaby first BUT the Fuzzi Bunz are bigger and work better when double stuffed for overnight.

I love my Sunbaby diapers. I bought some at the very beginning and they were the worst diapers I had ever seen. Someone here told me they changed and I bought a few. Those new ones are the ones I go for first.

Lurking. I'm glad to hear that. I bought a few of the 4.0's recently. They seemed to have mixed reviews, more good than bad though.

• The ones I have are 4.0's as well.  I had leaking problems at first but I think I just didn't prep them well enough b/c none now and daycare has no issues either and our son is the only one they have ever CD'd - very short learning curve.

The one thing I will say is that for a one size they might not last all the way to potty training.  My son is 14 months old and 24 pounds and I'm crossing my fingers he starts walking soon and slimming out b/c he's on the last hip snap right now. 

D & D 7/9/07 & 2/28/10 **** Angel Babies B&C 5/16/08 & 2/20/09
  • I love Kawaii.  The overnights are awesome, and the regular heavy duty ones are great as well.  The laundry tabs actually stay stuck , and they are very generously sized.  We still have a snap to go, and all our others are unsnapped all the way.  Love them. 

DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • We LOVE them. I use the snaps for our pockets and aplix for our covers. DS2 have really skinny legs and they fit perfectly with the hip snaps. I just bought 12 more yesterday. I buy from their site since I buy in bulk and the shipping is free then.
    The only thing that I don't like is that they go out of stock frequently.
  • The customer service is absolute sh!t, but the diapers themselves are awesome.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"