Trouble TTC
Options

What do you know about cystadenomas?

I just had my last pre-IVF screening test, a baseline ultrasound on CD11 to check for cysts.  

Sure enough I have a cyst on the outside of my left ovary.  The tech described it as a cystadenoma.  I forgot to ask how large it's measuring.  All she said was, "It's nothing to panic about until you talk to your doctor".  WTF does that mean?!

Dr. Google has not been my friend today... I'm worried I'll need another lap to remove it before we can move on to IVF. 

I'm also trying to look on the bright side: if I do need a second lap, our IVF cycle will be pushed back at least another three months, but that will give us time to save up the necessary funds to pay for it in full!  That's good... right?

I hope everyone else has had a better week than me <3<3<3

TTC since August 2009
June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
Baby Sweets born on her due date!

Re: What do you know about cystadenomas?

• Options

I had a Cystoma, which isn't the same, but they sound similar (a tumor filled with cysts).  I had to have a lap to have mine removed.  My doc was very reassuring that they are most commonly benign, and being monitored like you are I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

(((hugs)))

• Options
    STL34STL34 member

Sorry, I don't know much about them.  I hope everything is okay and you are able to move forward soon.  Keep us posted, hon.  Sending lots of positive T&Ps your way.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"