Austin Babies
Options

What do you want for mother's day?

My DH has been asking, and I am not really sure. What do you want?

Re: What do you want for mother's day?

• Options
    EmerEmer member
    Sleep.
  • Options
    Ditto Rosie - If he asks, it will totally be at the last minute, which is too late, so why even mess with wishing. I'm just going to tell him what I want. Actually, it's more of a joint gift I'd like from my parents, who asked me what I want for my birthday (just a couple of days before MD this year) and I'm sure he will feel more obligated to do it that way ;) Oh and for the record, I know he knows MD is coming up because he mentioned we need to do gifts for everyone else! ETA: What I want, this necklace with charms/pendant: image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEmer:
    Sleep.

THIS!!! 

• Options

To not see my MIL, so I don't have to spend the entire day listening to her yap about how she's sooo important since she's the "elder matron" of the family. I mean, seriously - she thinks we all should bow down to her and her great motherlyness. Did I mention she didn't bother to raise my husband? Dumped him on someone else THREE times, and every mother day she talks about how wonderful she is because she's the matriarch of her 5 person family.

Barf.

• Options
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:

To not see my MIL, so I don't have to spend the entire day listening to her yap about how she's sooo important since she's the "elder matron" of the family. I mean, seriously - she thinks we all should bow down to her and her great motherlyness. Did I mention she didn't bother to raise my husband? Dumped him on someone else THREE times, and every mother day she talks about how wonderful she is because she's the matriarch of her 5 person family.

Barf.

Ew. Does she live close enough where y'all have to see her?

Last year, the best gift was that mother's day was about ME for the first time and we didn't have to travel to see MIL.

DH slept in that morning and didn't get me anything. So my gift was getting to spend extra time with my babe. And I actually loved it.

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    imageJen1007:

imageEmer:
    Sleep.

THIS!!! 

Me too!  And mimosas.

• Options
    DH booked brunch reservations at Chez Zee (after me telling him, "Wow, sure would be nice to go to Chez Zee for brunch on Mother's Day which is May 8, which is a Sunday that is rapidly approaching!").
  • Options
    imageMrsRosie:
    If he does ask, I want a pedicure and a bikini wax (TMI? Maybe so).  Or maybe a set of beverage servers like these but with smooth sides.
    Maybe you should suggest that he purchase your wax and pedi from the Spa Day fundraiser and you can help a good cause and get the best wax of your life all at the same time!  Just a suggestion. Big Smile
  • Options

imageMrsRosie:
    If he does ask, I want a pedicure and a bikini wax (TMI? Maybe so).  Or maybe a set of beverage servers like these but with smooth sides.

Costco had servers like that a few days ago, on the right as you walk in.  I didn't check them out so don't know the quality, but I think they were $20 each. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrsRosie:
    I want my DH to ask me what I want for Mother's Day.

Yep, me too.  I'm waiting patiently to see when it dawns on him that it is next weekend. 

• Options
    imagerssnlvr:
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:

Barf.

Ew. Does she live close enough where y'all have to see her?

Last year, the best gift was that mother's day was about ME for the first time and we didn't have to travel to see MIL.

DH slept in that morning and didn't get me anything. So my gift was getting to spend extra time with my babe. And I actually loved it.

Yes, unfortunately she does.

And your last mother's day sounds PERFECT! Well, and now I want mimosas....

• Options
    something with LOs birthstone, which is looking like emerald!! 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A spa day!! and a nice dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant would do the trick
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i want to sleep in and for dh to give me a massage and cook me breakfast.  and i want a pedicure.  ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I already got mine.  I told him I wanted something with an opal in it to remember Tiny by (October birthstone) and he came home with this:

I love it and it's exactly what I would have chosen.

:)

• Options

My DH keeps asking, but I told him last night that I already ordered my Mother's Day gift. I ordered the Ergo from Baby Steals yesterday! ;-)

He usually gets me a James Avery charm and flowers. I know he will still do something, I'm just not sure what. I would LOVE a pedicure.

• Options
    Hopefully DH will at least remember that it is mothers day. I really would love to get to sleep in!
  • Options

I asked him a few weeks ago if I should just tell him what I want this year, he said yes.  So, I sent him a link to the necklace I want and told him I would also like to go to brunch, still need to tell him where though.  Oh, and sleeping in!

• Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:

I already got mine.  I told him I wanted something with an opal in it to remember Tiny by (October birthstone) and he came home with this:

LOVE THIS

• Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:

That is beautiful! 

• Options
    In my dreams...an iPad.  In my reality...sleep, mimosas, and a nice lunch out all sound great.  It's my first Mother's Day so I'll take what I can get.  :)
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't really want anything.  Ya, you heard me...I want nothing.  Nothing to do--no cleaning, no diaper duty, no cooking, no nothing.  I don't need any gifts.  I don't really need or want anything.
  • Options
    This, but being able to clean the house and run errands uninterrupted would be great too- but having someone clean to my standards would be amazing.
  • Options

Either a massage, or for him to surprise me with an ipad. Which is not going to happen, lol.

Oh, or a one time house cleaning!! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"