Pregnant after a Loss
Options

***July Due Date Check-In***

Hello all! Sorry I am late this week!

*If there is anybody who doesn?t have a labor buddy but wants one please let me know!

QOTW-BR:

1. How ready are you feeling for LO? Do you still have a lot to do before July?

2. How has pregnancy been treating you?

QOTW-NBR:

1. Tell us 10 random things about yourself.

Have a great week ladies! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***July Due Date Check-In***

• Options

QOTW-BR:

I am sooooooo excited for him to get here! So is DH. I just want to meet him and have him on the outside so I can snuggle him and take 8 million pictures. I am actually not nervous at all (ask me this again in a few more weeks). We have almost everything ready except for little details like washing the clothes and doing some things around the house, but I am off work for a few weeks before he arrives so I will get it done then.

Honestly I am so blessed. It has been pretty much a breeze aside from a few very minor issues here and there. I am hoping it continues this way, especially these last 4 weeks of school. The only thing that has been rough is the physical discomfort in the past few weeks. My body isn't liking the rapid weight gain, and my knees, hips, feet, and back are killing me. Especially at night. I get the worst leg cramps and everything aches. One of my good friends gave me a massage gift certificate for a prenatal massage, but I am hanging on to it until school gets out when I know I will REALLY need it!

QOTW-NBR:

Hmmmmm....

1. I speak Spanish (went to school in Mexico for a few months)

2. I am addicted to teacher blogs

3. I have two tattoos

4. My husband is from Ecuador

5. I LOVE dogs...especially my Golden Retriever

6. I was in color guard in high school and twirled rifle and sabre

7. I love cooking and baking

8.  I hate cold weather, which is partly why we moved to Arizona from Indiana after our wedding

9. I am obsessed with Mexican food and margaritas (which I dearly miss)...but DH is NOT Mexican!!!!

10. DH and I secretly got married at the courthouse 9 months before our real wedding was planned. Well, it was a secret until we realized it was posted in the paper! We did it because his Visa expired. OoopsStick out tongue

• Options
    imagemaymaymia:

Hello all! Sorry I am late this week!

*If there is anybody who doesn?t have a labor buddy but wants one please let me know!

I don't know if my labor buddy is appropriate as far as timing goes.  I will be induced July 8th if I haven't gone into labor by then on my own...Sorry Jordan :(

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was trying to space buddies out so hopefully they wouldn't be in labor at the same time. That was my thinking anyway. Would you rather have somebody close to your date?
  • Options

QOTW-BR:

I am kind of getting stressed out. We don't have the nursery done. I feel like we have nothing done. Thankfully school will be out soon so I can try and get a bunch of things done.

I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. I'm starting to get a bit sore after being on my feet for a long time but that is my biggest complaint so far.

QOTW-NBR:

1. I love to swim.

2. My husband and I are high school sweethearts.

3. I have a serious problem with spending too much money on holiday decorations.

4. I am also addicted to teacher blogs.

5. My brothers and sister are my best friends.

6. I am learning how to play the guitar.

7. I love to read and scrapbook.

8. I think math is awesome! ;)

9. If it was acceptable, I would always go barefoot.

10. I own all the seasons of 7th Heaven. It was my favorite TV show for a long time.

• Options

QOTW-BR:

Well if we had a crib matress and some sheets he would be able to live here tomorrow (although we'd have to carry him home from the hospital since we don't have a car seat--it's only a mile and a half).  I don't feel quite so prepared to give birth! 

Honestly this is the first week I've started to feel uncomfortable, maybe because last week was spring break, maybe because it's been muggy and warm, maybe because I've now popped enough that the belly is getting in the way and making my back sore if I bend over too much. I guess it's better than the 1st and 2nd tri morning sickness. Overall, I can't really complain, but I am also not one of those women who is just in love with being pregnant

QOTW-NBR:

Chocolate is about the only food that I simply cannot say no to. 

I have not taken anitbiotics since I was in 7th grade.

MH and FIL conspired to kill my laptop so I won't be on as much...I am still a bit mad at them.  I lost all my pictures and crochet patterns.

I have 2 cats and they hate each other. 

I am the breadwinner.

We are going to CD and I've already prepped my stash.

I am very good at procrastinating. 

I have never had fake nails--mine grow really well on their own. 

I've had my car for 7 years and put on over 120,000 miles since I bought it. 

I HATE having my picture taken.

• Options

Thanks Maymay!

Feeling pretty ready. We have a few things to do, but for the most part, it's all done. We'll see what the baby shower provides, and then I imagine there will be some last minute shopping trips afterwards!

Honestly, a lot easier than I thought. Hearing from friends who have such awful pregnancies, I was expecting the worse, and honestly, it's not that bad.  Granted, these friends are all FHs, so I don't know if I'm just lucky, or they just don't know how much worse not being PG actually is.

1) I can move each toe individually

2) I was contestant on The Price Is Right

3) I'm a Southern California native, transplanted to Georgia

4) I love historical fiction novels

5) I hate candy but love chocolate

6) I shave my arms. I'm a hairy, hairy Italian chick.

7) The best vacation I ever went on was our honeymoon at Disneyworld. Yes, we were THAT couple.

8) All my purses are knock off brands (LV, prada, etc) that I've acquired in third world countries. I've never paid more than $30 for a bag, and never will (inflation not withstanding)

9) I can decorate a mean cake (a hobby I took on last summer).

10) I can do impressions of people with deadly accuracy.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

Time is flying by, isn't it? Whew!

QOTW-BR:

1. How ready are you feeling for LO? Do you still have a lot to do before July?

I am starting to feel more and more ready. We have the crib set up, the registry done, and I am researching cloth diapering! C'mon baby! 

Pretty good. I have been pretty tired, but nothing a nap can't help. I am seeing a few stretch marks here and there, but hopefully they will fade after LO is born!  He has been giving me some vicious kicks to the ribs too! 

QOTW-NBR:

1. I am left-handed 2. I will graduate with a BA in Media Design in December 3. I am a picky eater 4. Favorite color is green 5. I have super curly hair 6. I love to sew 7. I have a Weimaraner named Juice 8. I will be married 3 years in July.  9. I am a gamer. 10. Star Wars is one of my favorite things.

I hope everyone has a great and comfy week!  

• Options
    Hooray for another week down!  Hope all of you ladies are doing well.  :)    QOTW-BR:1. How ready are you feeling for LO? Do you still have a lot to do before July?Um, I've done NOTHING.  Our poor LO doesn't even have a name!  :(  I feel terrible.  But it's been a combination of finances being super tight right now (most of the problem), still coping with the PgAL post-traumatic stress complex, & my natural tendency to procrastinate.  But I have registered & do have things planned out in my head, so I think that once school is out for DH we'll be able to get rolling on the nursery & start to actually feel like there's a baby coming... 
    2. How has pregnancy been treating you?I really can't complain!  Sure I'm not really able to get comfortable at night (hip & back aches, occasional heartburn) & my face has decided it wants to be 14 years old & break out all of the time, but no biggie.  I think the most disturbing thing is that I've started to feel a little short of breath...I have a really short torso, & I think LO is starting to squish my lungs in certain positions.  Having asthma, I don't care for the inhibited breathing feeling too much.QOTW-NBR:Tell us 10 random things about yourself.1. I'm a veterinarian.  But if I could make a living doing anything, I think I'd be an artist.2. I love Martha Stewart.  The woman has a great sense of style, is utterly self-sufficient & motivated, & does her thing seemingly without caring what anyone else thinks.  Sometimes it's like she's living in her own little Martha universe, but I think it's fabulous.  :)3. DH & I are total Anglophiles.  Today (the royal wedding) was like a major holiday for me.  Woke up at 2am (CST) to get the full coverage on BBC America.  I accept that this is incredibly lame, but I really enjoyed it!4. One of my proudest moments was making the varsity softball team as a freshman in high school.5. I've never dyed/colored my hair.  6. One of my aunts is a manager at Kleinfeld's, so I got to get my wedding dress there (before the show "Say Yes to the Dress" started).  7. Even though I consider myself to be from New Jersey, I spent a good chunk of my childhood in New York so I had a Brooklyn accent until I was about 10 years old!8. I've been a vegetarian for about 14 years.  DH's family raises beef cattle.  We make it work.  :)  9. In college I was able to take white water canoeing, kayaking & rockclimbing (I & II) for credit.  Yeah, pretty sweet.  (I also went skydiving with the Outdoors Club.)  10. I have a tattoo of an Om on my lower back/hip (hidden).    
  • Options

Hi July mamas! Sounds like everyone is doing well so far.

1. How ready are you feeling for LO? Do you still have a lot to do before July?The nursery is still a totally empty and clean room. The furniture hasn't come in yet and now my crib is out of stock online. I may have to pick out a different one - this is not good timing for the Graco Charleston to not be available. My shower is next weekend and I am excited to see what LO gets! 2. How has pregnancy been treating you?Pretty darn good, I must say. I am enjoying being pregnant. I have been very healthy and only had a couple of weeks with posterior pelvic pain. Otherwise, not much RLP. The mental breakdowns are probably the worst, but it's probably ok to cry it out, right? QOTW-NBR:1. Tell us 10 random things about yourself.

1. I broke up with my high school boyfriend over the phone while at my DH's house and we started dating within a few days of that. 

2. I was a gymnast as a youngster and took up cheerleading in high school, even though I was really good in volleyball and cross country running.

3. I have a daisy tattoo on my big toe and my BFF and another girl have the exact same tattoo on their big toe.

4. I'm a little ghetto at heart and my favorite rapper is Snoop Dogg.

5. DH and I have a Wii and xbox 360 with tons of games that we never play. But when we do, I kick his butt every time.

6. We have a giant Lovesac in our lower level living room - if you're familiar with them, it's the Supersac and comfortably seats 3-4 adults.

7. I bought a Kirby vaccuum cleaner when I was 21. It took 2 years of monthly payments to pay it off. But damn if I ever buy another vaccuum cleaner! Some of my friends are on their 4th or 5th one.

8. When my DH and I got married almost 7 years ago, we swore we'd never have kids.

9. I have never eaten a Big Mac in my life.

10. I'm a registry stalker. I can't help myself. 

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagemaymaymia:

QOTW-BR:

Well, we have the furniture, bedding, & most accessories for the room, but we still need to paint and then set it all up.  My nieces' and nephews' bunk beds are still in there and they are not excited about losing their room.  We do have our car seat and stroller as well and the registry is done.

Can't complain.  Sleeping through the night comfortable (and without charleyhorses is my only issue).

QOTW-NBR:

1. I over-analyze and research everything -- my registry took forever to complete.

2. 2 of my closest friends are pregnant within 5 weeks of me.

3. DH tries really hard to buy products made in the USA.

4. Out of all the places I've been, one of my favorite vacations was a weekend getaway to Lancaster, PA.

5.  In all 9 births in my immediate family (mother & sisters), not one was a c-section.

6. I lived in the same house my whole life until DH & I moved in together (4 months before wedding).

7. I never met my grandfathers (or DH's).

8. I'm not a huge fan of the beach, though I'm 10 minutes from the ocean.

9. I called 911 in kindergarten when there was a fire in my house.

10. I used to love The Sims.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Options

QOTW-BR:

So not ready, we have not even started on the nursery.  We are buying our furniture tomorrow and picking out paint colors. My to do list is a mile long.  Moving pushed all BR stuff back.

Pregnancy was great until this week when I had a lot of uncomfortable pelvic pressure and the appearance of hemorrhoids :(  

QOTW-NBR:

I am only 5 feet 2 inches tall

I am the oldest sibling with two brothers

I have half Puerto Rican and half Irish

I have REALLY long toes and fingers

I have my doctorate in school/clinical child psychology

I still have my childhood teddy bear and will pass it on to LO

My hair was red when I was born, it changed to light brown when I was 3

I thrive on organization and cleanliness, DH is the exact opposite and it drives me batty

I hate raw fish but love sushi rolls

My eyes are hazel and change color depending on what I wear 

6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options

QOTW-BR:

1. How ready are you feeling for LO? Do you still have a lot to do before July?  I'm definately excited about LO's arrival, but I'm not ready at all!  I'm still looking for a pedi and a daycare, still trying to work out my time off of work, and still have things that I need to buy!  I haven't washed anything for LO, either, or organized the nursery.  I'm also starting to fear the pain.

2. How has pregnancy been treating you?  I really can't complain.  I've been uncomfortable lately, but nothing that won't be worth it!

QOTW-NBR:

1.  I'm 4'10.5" (Yes, that half an inch matters!)
    2.  I have six tattoos.
    3.  I'm originally from CT, and moved to NC on a "four year" plan.  I'm still here!
    4.  I love watching true crimes shows, like Forensic Files and Dateline.
    5.  I'd love to go back for my Master's degree in the next year.
    6.  I love laying out by a pool to get some color.  Favorite way to pass the time in the summer.
    7.  I'm terrified of tornadoes and uncontrolled fire.
    8.  I love to make S'Mores with Reese's PB Cups instead of Hershey bars.
    9.  I have a black thumb, though not for lack of trying.
    10.  I have a very hard time sleeping without a fan.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"