Baby Showers
Options

Baby shower question 22 weeks, too early?

My BF lives on the west coast and her family and friends are on the east cost.  Is 22 weeks to early to have a shower for her while she will be visiting the east coast? 

Re: Baby shower question 22 weeks, too early?

• Options
    IMO...yes.
  • Options
    In this situation, where it looks like that will be your only option to have a shower, I think it's fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If she isn't going to see you (or be on that side of the country) again before the birth of her baby, then I would say that is acceptable.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageabell77:
    In this situation, where it looks like that will be your only option to have a shower, I think it's fine.

This. It sounds like everyone ought to be able to figure out WHY the shower is so early. With obvious reason, I don't think it's a problem at all; if you're at all concerned, you do make a point of mentioning at the shower or to guests casually how you wish you could have done it when she was further along, but her visit was your only chance.

• Options
    I don't think it's too early, especially because of the travel.  I had mine at 25 weeks or so.  Basically my doc told me not even to think about traveling after 26 weeks so that was the last time I could fly back "home" to where the rest of my family lives.
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone.  Her doctor told her she could not fly after 26 weeks.  I also cannot imagine her coming up right after the baby is born, so it is either 22 weeks or nothing.  I think we will keep it small, just close family and friends who will know why we are having it so early.
  • Options

imageabell77:

I agree with this.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"