Pregnant after 35
Options

I am having my baby today

So some back history, I went to the doctors for my 36 weeks appt. on Thursday and found out that I have high BP and protein in the urine.  If you recall from prior posts I have been complaining about swollen feet and hands (I actually had to have my wedding band cut off) any ways the appt. didn't go as I had planned.  I was told to do a 24 hour urine collection (which is not fun) and come back today at 9:00.  My blood work and urine numbers today came back as the same as yesterday.  I have been diagnosed with Preeclampsia and the only way to reverse this is to deliver.  Normal platelet counts are between 150,000 and 450,000, mine is 70,000 and as the hours go by the number will drop (this is very rare and somehow I fall into this 5-7% group).  So here I sit in L&D waiting for an operating room to open so I can have a c-section at 2:30 pm.  None of this was on my birthing plan (I think back at kiki's post about being flexible which I am).  The only draw back on all this is that I will be asleep, my husband can't come with me and I'll miss the baby's first cry.  A few hours later, I'll be awake and finally know and meet our baby. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: I am having my baby today

• Options

I had pre-e back in 1986.  No fun.

Still, yay for meeting your baby today!  I hope it all goes smoothly! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Yikes!! Important to take care of yourself and baby too. You get too meet him/her soon! Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Vincent's "new" birth plan:  Healthy Mom and Baby - yay! 

Sorry this isn't going as planned...but tonight you'll forget all about it as you stare into the newborn eyes of your LO...early congrats!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sounds like you have exactly the right attitude!  None of my birth plans ever went as I had hoped, so I know exactly how you feel.  I wish you all the best!!  Can't wait to see a picture of your LO. Smile

Question for you...Did they do the 24 hour urine collection based on just the swelling in your hands & feet?  I'm having severe swelling in my hands (can't bend my fingers on my right hand), feet, and a little in my face.  Did you have any other symptoms?

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Vincent, good luck to you today. You and your baby will be in my thoughts today. Sending you lots of positive energy. Can't wait to hear all about your baby...And see pics of course:)
  • Options
    Sending lots of thoughts & prayers your way!  Please keep us posted when you can!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagegreysmommy:
    Question for you...Did they do the 24 hour urine collection based on just the swelling in your hands & feet?  I'm having severe swelling in my hands (can't bend my fingers on my right hand), feet, and a little in my face.  Did you have any other symptoms?
      It was a combo of BP, Protein in Urine and Swelling.  I've been having swelling for about 6 weeks but only in the last couple of weeks did it get really bad.  I believe the urine collection was mostly for protein.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Good luck today vincent. T&P going out to you and your family.
  • Options
    Wow, Sending you lots T&P for you and your family.  Wishing you a healthy recovering and healthy baby. Happy Birthday LO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. Best wishes for smooth going from this point forward.
  • Options
    good luck!!!  prayers for a healthy mommy & baby!!!  
  • Options

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I'm praying for you over here in Jersey! I just saw your post but I'm guessing that the baby is here already. Unfortunately, our plans are not always God's plan :)  I wish you a happy and safe delivery.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Sending prayers your way for you & the LO!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Best wishes for a safe delivery and speedy recovery.  When you wake up you can plant kisses on your new sweet baby!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!  I hope it all went well and Mommy and baby are healthy.  Best wishes!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yay, baby!  Can't wait to see pics!  Sending good thoughts and vibes your way!
  • Options

Good Luck Vincent!!!

I'm surprised they're going to put you to sleep for the C-section i thought they could give you an epidural and allow you to stay away for it.

Hope all goes well, you'll be in my thoughts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imagemcwhittaker:

Good Luck Vincent!!!

I'm surprised they're going to put you to sleep for the C-section i thought they could give you an epidural and allow you to stay away for it.

Hope all goes well, you'll be in my thoughts!

Ususally they do but because my platelets are so low they told me I won't clot so the epi was not an option.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I hope everything went smoothly, and from your ticker, it looks like you have a precious1 day old baby girl.  Congratulations!!!  Can't wait to see pics.  What a beautiful name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"