Austin Babies

questions re: tummy bugs

So, Little was throwing up all night and he's got my cold and cough on top of it.  Coughing with a tummy bug is NO FUN.  Now he's got the squirts too.

I've got Pedialite, bananas, dry cereal, etc.  He hasn't gotten sick since 5am, and he's had 1/3 banana, some sips of watered down juice, popsicle and kept it all down. 

Is there anything else I need to do?  He's acting fine, like he wasn't even sick at all.  Asking to eat, for milk, but I'm afraid to give him too much. 

And DH has the shiits now and I'm still rocking this nasty cold.

BEST.WEEKEND.EVER.

And thanks.

Re: questions re: tummy bugs

• EmerEmer member

Be careful of the juice- sugar is not his friend during a tummy bug.  Watered down and a little bit should be fine, though.  Pedialite is perfect, but we usually give it in popsicles because they won't drink it.  Otherwise, watch his temp and keep him comfy.  The tummy bug going around DD's school right now is a 24 hour thing, so hopefully it will pass quickly.

If he'll eat, I would feed him, but stick with bland things like bread, bananas, etc.

When DS was throwing up non-stop and not eating a few months ago, his pedi prescribed anti-nausea meds.  They worked like a charm but are crazy expensive.  We ended up only filling 1/2 of it and had plenty for him.

I hope all of you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"