Breastfeeding

I know this has been asked a million times..

But I can't find the posts right now. What is the best way to pump to increase your freezer stash as fast as possible? I will be going back to work in 4 weeks and seriously need to start building a stash so that DH can bottle feed her during the day when I'm not around.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I know this has been asked a million times..

• Well... you can pump in the morning when supplies are generally their highest (after feeding, of course).

You can pump in the evening before you go to bed if you plan on LO to be down for at least a couple hours longer.

I pump usually through the night because I'm always full at least for one feeding because DD sleeps so long, but it's hard to keep up with that if you're tired.

Some people pump after or during every feeding during the day, but that does take some time to do (I've tried and it just frustrated me).

You could ALSO pump during LOs day naps and store milk up that way. 

See? There's lots of ways.  It all depends on when LO eats the most, when you have time and what you think will be easiest for you when you go back to work.  I have never had a good stash, as I use it EVERY weekend that I work, but I also am not religious on pumping to keep more of a stash than I need.

Good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Your going to have to pump when your away from baby, so all your NEED to hae is the first days milk.  After that you will leave what you pump.

If you want to start a stash now, pump after you feed her.  Usually the morning will get you the most.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi--I got a good stash going by pumping after I fed my DD for the first 3 weeks.  It was a serious pain in the butt, but it really increased my supply.  Once she was 5-6 weeks and dropped one of her night time feedings, I continued to pump in the night so I could freeze that as well.  DD is now 5.5 months and I only pump at work.  It is so nice to know that I have a huge freezer stash just incase my supply tanks or something else happens.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"