Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What's your 10 month old eating?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to pack my son for daycare.   For the past few months he's been eating:

Fruit jar & oatmeal followed by bottle for breakfast

Veggie Jar followed by bottle for lunch

Puffs or yogurt followed by bottle for afternoon snack (he usually doesn't take much of this bottle)

For dinner (at home) he sometimes eats a jarred meal, but lately I've been trying to give him small pieces of what I'm cooking for us if possible (pasta, meat, veggies etc) but he still prefers the purees (fruits & veggies)

This week, I packed small bits of fruit (strawberries b/c that's what we had) for his snack @ daycare.  I guess I'm not sure how to transition away from the purees while he's at daycare.  Any advice is appreciated!

What should I be sending in for breakfast and lunch? 

Re: What's your 10 month old eating?

• Options
    We've been doing more or less the same things as you.  She isn't thrilled with some of the solid foods (mango=love, chicken=not so sure) but tonight we tried a rice, corn, pea, carrot combo and she liked it.  I figure we're not in a huge hurry to force the table food so as she starts to like it more we'll add more but for now, I think we're in good shape.
  • Options
    DD will be 10 months on Sunday.  She's gotten 'table foods' at daycare for a month or so now, so she gets whatever they're serving for breakfast and lunch, supplemented with puree, depending on how much she eats.  (On the weekends, though, I stick with her oatmeal and fruit puree, although I give her some scrambled eggs if we're having it.)  For dinner, I'll give her little pieces of chicken or ham, cut up grapes, and some veggie puree.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

His favorites: 

Breakfast - waffle or pancake w/ baby fruit puree, yogurt, oatmeal, cheerios, scrambled egg, Nutrigrain bar

Lunch - string cheese, low sodium deli turkey or ham, fruit cup packed in juice (look out for added sugar or sweetener), grilled cheese sandwich

Dinner - pasta, meatballs, veggie/cheese/chicken quesadilla, sweet potato fries, almost any steamed veggie

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, pancake topped with apple sauce, toast spread with prunes or cream cheese, oatmeal, cheerios & berries.

Lunch/dinner: grilled cheese & veggie, pasta & veggie, leftover dinner, sometimes a scrambled egg (if she didn't have one for breakfast), veggies & shredded cheese, yogurt, pieces of chicken or ground turkey, sweet potato or white potato pieces, small pieces of fruit, hummas, etc.

She is over purees. She started refusing them around 7 months.

I feel like I am in a rut though. I'd like to make some pasta sauce with lots of veggies pureed into it and freeze it into small portions for those days that I need to go to the grocery store or am not feeling like cooking. i'm looking for more ideas too :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"