3rd Trimester
Options

my dumb cs question for btdt moms...

this will be my 4th cs so i'm very familiar with all the ins and outs...

but my dumb question is for those of you that have had a cs, and live in a 2 story house, how did you manage the stairs? did you have to stay away from them altogether? was is it not a big deal?

all of my other cs's i lived in a one story house, so the stairs have me a little worried, especially since i know how frequently i'm up and down them now...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: my dumb cs question for btdt moms...

• Options
    Not dumb... they were a little hard at first so I tried to avoid them, and then some one gave me a tip that sounds weird but seemed to help for me... they said to walk up them backwards...and it did seem to help.. maybe it was in my head... or maybe I was just healing by then, but it seemed to help.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I have always been in a one story for mine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    not dumb question. I only went up and down them when I needed to. for the most part we'd wake up and get ourselves situated in the AM, then head downstairs where the pack and play was set up and a diaper changing station. we put a basket of onesies and sleepers there too for outfit changes as needed. we mostly stayed put on the main level for the day and went back upstairs only if we needed to (ie for me to shower or change my clothes, or it was bedtime).  i still went up and down them at other times if i needed to, and we had about 6 steps down and up to get the front door if someone came to visit too. 
  • Options
    My OB told me once up and once down a day.  So I would do what I needed to do upstairs in the morning, go downstairs and then not go up again until bed.
  • Options
    I had a C/S with #1.  Stairs were not easy, but I didn't have a problem going up them when I first got home.  I also had an overall easy recovery from my C/S.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB said only up and down once per day for the first couple days.  Honestly, getting in and out of bed was much more difficult than the stairs so I took his advice for about two days and then went with what I needed to do.  Just take it slow and try not to go up and down too many times and I'm sure you will be fine.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

thanks for the advice!

i know how hard it is to get in and out of bed, so i just envisioned myself taking 10mins to walk up the stairs like an old lady

i'll have to figure out if upstairs or downstairs will be more comfortable for me and choose where to spend my day lol 

• Options
    I took them like a little kid one step at a time my old boss who is a nurse suggested I go down them on my butt. I never did that though. Just took them really slow. I agree getting out of bed was much harder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"