Multiples

What do you move onto after they outgrow swings?

We always in need of places to put babies around here and they're starting to get pretty long in their swings.  What do I move onto when they outgrow them?

we have these -

https://www.brightstarts.com/p-218-comfort-harmony-portable-swing.aspx

sorry, not clicky 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you move onto after they outgrow swings?

• We kept them in swings until they were around 6 or 7m old.  Don't worry about the length, just pay attention to the weight.
  • imageAussie*s_Mom:
    We kept them in swings until they were around 6 or 7m old.  Don't worry about the length, just pay attention to the weight.

Thanks!  they should be starting to sit up then, right?  

• Loading the player...
  • Ours will be 6 months next week and we just put the swings away because they decided they hated them *SOB*.

Now, if I need to set a baby down somewhere, I'll put them in their crib with a toy, on the playmat on the floor, or in their highchair. Or if I want them to be really distracted, the jumperoo or exersaucer. :)

• My girls were about the same age as your LOs when they didn't want to be in the swings anymore.  They still liked their bouncy seats, especially when we faced them toward each other or gave them something interesting to look at.  We also introduced a playmat/baby gym at that point, and they would lay under that thing for quite a while.  Bumbos were good at this point too, it helped them get nice and strong, but they were only in them for short periods of time at first.  We did lots of tummy time on the floor with toys too.  Closer to 4 months we started them for a short while in the Jenny Jump Up and Exersaucer too.  We'd rotate them among these things - we called it circuit training.  I'd imagine you could get one of each thing and just play musical baby entertainers :)

ETA: We borrowed or bought used all of the things because in the grand scheme of things they are used for such a short period of time. 

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Don't worry about the length, it the weight you really look at! Brady was in his swing until 7 months when he started sitting up! I believe the twins were a little over 6 months!
  • imageMontyMrs:

imageAussie*s_Mom:
    We kept them in swings until they were around 6 or 7m old.  Don't worry about the length, just pay attention to the weight.

Thanks!  they should be starting to sit up then, right?  

DS1 sat up around 5.5 months and the twins started sitting up around 7 months.  Hopefully they're sitting up when they outgrow them.

• Our girls will be 6 months in a couple days and they still nap in their swings on the weekends.  Im going to be very sad when they outgrow them weight wise!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"